dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I am going on the above holiday as my first just you holiday. Any tips welcomed :rolleyes:
lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I did this JY trip in 2011. My first time in the USA. I enjoyed this tour and it is a great way to see this part of the west coast. Highlights were seeing the Golden Gate bridge, riding in a trolley car in San Francisco, and flying over the Grand Canyon. My only reservation was that the group was large(40+) and I have preferred smaller groups on subsequent tours. I find it easier to meet different people in smaller numbers.

Hope this helps

Lesley

dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Lesley I am looking forward to seeing all the famous sites like the Bridge & cable cars. I hope that the party is not too large & I can make more new friends. Thank you for your help.
jmcgaw
(Member)
'dudley wrote:

Hi I am going on the above holiday as my first just you holiday. Any tips welcomed :rolleyes:

Hi Denise

I did the trip last october and really enjoyed it and met some really nice people. I think there was 29 in group altogether. I really enjoyed San Francisco, if you want to go to Alcatraz you would be better booking it before you go as it does get booked up and is easy to do online. Palm springs was lovely, really liked it there very cosmopolitan and hot. hope you have a great time

Joy

Julie L
(Member)
I've just booked to go on the 6th September from heathrow, any suggestions on hotels near the airport, maybe on the airport itself would be appreciated, I don't want to go by car, travelling from derbyshire I catch the train to st pancras and then suggestions how to get from there to heathrow?
dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I have stayed at the Arosfa Hotel last year & have booked to stay here in October . Is on a free bus to the airport route & also the Heathrow Hoppa route.
dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone interested in meeting up on Sunday 4th October for a pre holiday get together by London Heathrow. I am staying at the Arora Hotel . This will be my first time with Just you but looking g forward to it.
pam peach
(Member)
Lovely holiday::rolleyes: have done it 3 times,!!!!! First time about 8 years ago. Great company to go with. Make you very welcome. :thumbup:
dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pam wrote:

Lovely holiday::rolleyes: have done it 3 times,!!!!! First time about 8 years ago. Great company to go with. Make you very welcome. :thumbup:

Thanks Pam have heard this week that holiday has got the go ahead. So excited - have booked to see Donny and Marie Osmond at the Flamingo hotel while I am in Vegas.

dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'jmcgaw' wrote:

'dudley wrote:

Hi Denise

I did the trip last october and really enjoyed it and met some really nice people. I think there was 29 in group altogether. I really enjoyed San Francisco, if you want to go to Alcatraz you would be better booking it before you go as it does get booked up and is easy to do online. Palm springs was lovely, really liked it there very cosmopolitan and hot. hope you have a great time

Joy

Hello Joy thank you. There are 17 of us so far so I am told. Really looking forward to it. Was the weather good in October ?

dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all. Would welcome any advice o booking trip to Alcatraz while in San Francisco from 5th to 8th October. Thank you and looking g forward to my first JY holiday.
trish53
(Member)
'dudley wrote:

Hi Denise

I'm also going on this trip on the same dates. I'm staying at the Travelodge near T5. I've been on just you tours before & have had a great time as well as meeting some lovely people that I've remained friends with. If we can't manage to arrange to meet up the night before maybe we could meet up in the airport pre-flight?

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dudley Denise

Regarding Alcatraz, it's best to book it on line before you go because it's massively popular (The hotel concierge can sometimes get you a last minute ticket but you might not want to risk it in case he can't get you in). The tickets for boarding the boat across are timed and the timings are strictly adhered to (if you're not there for your slot, you don't get another chance). However, once you are there, you can stay as long as you like and get any returning boat back (up until the last one leaves in the evening - about 6.30pm from memory)

Have an amazing time and if you have any other question, I'd be happy to help.

All the best

Mandy

fleurbyfleur
(Member)
Reading this thread - I'm wondering why JY don't offer Alcatraz as an optional excursion.
dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'dudley wrote:

Hello all. Would welcome any advice o booking trip to Alcatraz while in San Francisco from 5th to 8th October. Thank you and looking g forward to my first JY holiday.

'trish53' wrote:

'dudley wrote:

Hi Denise

I'm also going on this trip on the same dates. I'm staying at the Travelodge near T5. I've been on just you tours before & have had a great time as well as meeting some lovely people that I've remained friends with. If we can't manage to arrange to meet up the night before maybe we could meet up in the airport pre-flight?

Hi Trish

Yes would be good to meet up either on night of 4th October or at the airport on 5th October. Sorry for the delay in replying but have only just spotted your message. Hope you are ok

dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Dudley Denise

Regarding Alcatraz, it's best to book it on line before you go because it's massively popular (The hotel concierge can sometimes get you a last minute ticket but you might not want to risk it in case he can't get you in). The tickets for boarding the boat across are timed and the timings are strictly adhered to (if you're not there for your slot, you don't get another chance). However, once you are there, you can stay as long as you like and get any returning boat back (up until the last one leaves in the evening - about 6.30pm from memory)

Have an amazing time and if you have any other question, I'd be happy to help.

All the best

Mandy

Thanks Mandi I have booked an afternoon trip to Alcatraz and looking forward to it

Hope you are ok.

Regards Denise

trish53
(Member)
'dudley wrote:

'dudley wrote:

'trish53' wrote:

'dudley wrote:

Hi Denise

Hi Trish

Yes would be good to meet up either on night of 4th October or at the airport on 5th October. Sorry for the delay in replying but have only just spotted your message. Hope you are ok

Hi Denise

I usually fly out of Gatwick so don't know Heathrow too well or where the hotels are. My number is ************. I'll probably be at my hotel by about 6.30 so if we get in touch by phone about then we can get a better idea of the best place to meet up. Only 3 weeks to go now, I'm about as excited as a kid on Christmas eve!!

Looking forward to meeting you and our other fellow travellers

See you soon

Trish x

Please note: This post has been moderated to remove personal information.

(Member)
Hi Denise,

If you are happy to receive Trish's mobile number, please reply to this post and I will email it over to you.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

dudley denise
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Denise,

If you are happy to receive Trish's mobile number, please reply to this post and I will email it over to you.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Hello Monty sorry for delay. Yes please thanks Denise