Lain
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

This looks like a good trip. Seems as though weather is better, less humid, in our winter months. Anyone booked later in year or considering yet? Not sure how popular with numbers it may be!

I am mid 40s so hopeing for a few lively travelers too :o)

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lain,

I'm thinking about the Dec departure as the weather should be a lot more bearable then! However, I'm also thinking about doing Nepal with Travelsphere in November, so it will be one or the other if finances allow!

It looks a great itinerary, so if I don't do it this year I'm hoping this holiday will be around for a few years and I get the chance to do it at some stage.

Hope you book and have a great time!

Best wishes,

Bob

Lain
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Yes it does look a good itinerary and seems good value with good airlines and hotel. I know someone who has been early November before and she said it was a bearable heat. Wouldn't do before oct though. solos do one too which is for a bit longer but last one is April for the year although JY better I think!

nige0556
(Member)
I had a 4 day stopover there in Mid October 2013 and it was still hot and humid in the open air. However, when you're in the hotel / buses / malls / museums they have extremely fierce air con
LeeLee
(Member)
I've now booked for December and I'm 41! Can't wait!
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi LeeLee,

I'm still thinking about booking for December, I won't know for sure until the summer. All the dates are booking well, so I hope I don't miss out!

Best wishes,

Bob

LeeLee
(Member)
Hi Bob

It was a total spur of the moment booking for me but sometimes you just have to do these things! I do hope you make it as I've followed your posts with interest over the years.

BW

Lee

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lee,

Many thanks for your comments - it will be sometime during the summer when I decide - I have to plan my holidays carefully regarding taking time off work and space them out throughout the year. At the moment it's a toss up between doing Dubai in Dec and Cuba next Feb, but it depends what other holidays I'm able to take next year! Time will tell.

Best wishes,

Bob

LeeLee
(Member)
I'm just back from Cuba and can certainly recommend it. Havana is mind blowing!
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lee would you mind writing a review of your Cuba tour as I am seriously considering it?

Best wishes,

Bob

Sensara
(Member)
'Lain' wrote:

Hi

This looks like a good trip. Seems as though weather is better, less humid, in our winter months. Anyone booked later in year or considering yet? Not sure how popular with numbers it may be!

I am mid 40s so hopeing for a few lively travelers too :o)

Yes I may be interested,I will be in UK from end may live in Spain coming for summer and want to book some short UK trips,any one interested in joining me. I will be in Bristol area still looking for short trips 4 to 7 days, june ,July and August Cornwall, Liverpool, Glasgow !,

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lain

Yes, am interested and was wondering how popular this may be. I am 42 - there is always a mixed age group on each tour so all holidays I've done have been lively!

Perhaps meet you later in the year, vina

LeeLee
(Member)
Hi Bob

I didn't do Cuba with JY or Travelsphere but can happily provide general Cuba Travel tips if that would help?

L

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lee, all tips gratefully received although I probably won't be doing it until 2017 now as I'm thinking about the new Mexico tour instead!

Best wishes,

Bob

LeeLee
(Member)
Mexico is on my list too. So many places, so little annual leave!
Lain
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'vina' wrote:

Hi

Hoping to firm up holiday for final quarter of year now and reviewing again. Quite a few booked, 17 inc. 3 men in the minority which is usually the case bless them! Looking at November date, did you end up booking the trip?

pat534
(Member)
thinking about this trip for Nov or Dec. flying from Manchester.
pat534
(Member)
booked for November.Looking forward to seeing Dubai and getting some winter sun.
Venetian
(Member)
'pat534' wrote:

booked for November.Looking forward to seeing Dubai and getting some winter sun.

Hi, I'm sorely tempted after reading this thread to book for November. I am taking my first ever JY trip in October (Italy). I am in my 60s but lively;); Do JY get many "oldies"?

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Venetian,

You will be in the core JY age group! Most travellers are 55 - 75 but the age range is 20s - 80s! I had seriously considered this tour but I've booked Mexico, Guatemala and Belize for February instead. Dubai is still on my wish list though; I hope you do book and have a great time!

Hi Pat, sorry I'll be missing you on this tour, have a brilliant time! Hope to catch up again on a tour some day.

Best wishes,

Bob