JanetB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I would be interested in hearing from anyone else booked on this trip. This is my first tour with JY. I have travelled all over the world as an independent solo so am only a newbie to JY.

This tour appears to be new as I cannot find a review for this or one similar.So if someone has some experience of something similar I would love to hear about it.

Am a little concerned about the distances to be travelled by coach - Sorrento to Sicily 6+ hours!

Janet

Mick W
(Member)
Hi Janet,

Welcome to the forum.

Although I'm not on this holiday I have done a number of touring holidays (in the States) with Just You that have had 6 hour+ drives between hotels.

What i would say is don't look at it as a journey, more as an excurrsion because the journey is usually split into 3 sections (2 hours each) and the stops for a couple of hours or so are planned to be somewhere of interest, this breaks the journey nicely. I'm assuming JY will have done their homework and the plan will be similar to my experiences.

Mick

JanetB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have just been informed this tour is not going to run. Very disappointed both with this news and with JY. Even after they notified me the tour was still on the website.

Have decided to go with another operator.

Janet

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Janet,

I'm sorry to hear that your holiday has been cancelled, I understand that this was due to insufficient bookings, which unfortunately does happen on occassion.

I was surprised to hear that this was still on the website as these are usually removed automatically within 24 hours. I spoke to a member of our online team and they explained that the feed that comes from our reservation system that populates the dates and prices on the website had broken which meant that this tour was still showing. However, the link from the website to the reservations system was still working - had a traveller tried to book this holiday, they would not have been able to.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about your holiday.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Sussex Downs
(Member)
Hi Janet

Sorry to see that your holiday has been cancelled for the date you wanted.

May I suggest Just You’s sister company of Travelsphere where I think have a better tour Italy, seeing more places. Go and have a look on their website and order a brochure as well. OK it will cost a little more, but it is for 15 days as opposed to 12 days with JY. Also there are plenty of departure dates. If you have any problems, Julia will help you re numbers booked etc.

I have been on a tour from Venice to Rome and loved it. Also 2 tours with Travelsphere and both had a number of single travellers and you will not feel alone. Agree with Mick W about stops on the journeys. As he said journeys are usually split into 2 hour sections. And they go quick, chatting to fellow travellers and looking at the countryside.

Trust you have a good holiday in Italy this year.

Malcolm