amy2003
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi has anyone booked this holiday I am traveling to Gatwick on Boxing day as it is an early flight staying at the Premier inn north terminal would love to meet up with someone who is on this trip.I would also like thoughts on what clothes to take probablely the same type we would wear here but is a little black dress reqired for New Years Eve or just smart casual.

amy2003 :exclamation:

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Amy

I am going to Marrakech for Christmas and had asked similar question re what to wear for Christmas on the forum and the reply was that smart casual was okay, but it was also okay to dress up a bit. So the choice is yours.

Jaya

Paw1947
(Member)
Hello Amy,

You are staying in Mijas which will be cooler than the coast. At that time of year the weather can be unpredictable and you will need some warm clothes but also take summer clothes as you may be lucky and have warm sunny days, do take an umbrella.

Hope you have a lovely time, Pat.

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Amy

I am going to Marrakech for Christmas and had asked similar question re what to wear for Christmas on the forum and the reply was that smart casual was okay, but it was also okay to dress up a bit. So the choice is yours.

Jaya

Hi Jaya

Thanks for your reply its what I thought but you never know Countries Traditions vary

I was in Italy last year and there main celebrations were on Christmas Eve.

Thanks I think I will play safe with a not too posh frock.

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Paw1947' wrote:

Hello Amy,

You are staying in Mijas which will be cooler than the coast. At that time of year the weather can be unpredictable and you will need some warm clothes but also take summer clothes as you may be lucky and have warm sunny days, do take an umbrella.

Hope you have a lovely time, Pat.

Thanks Pat for your reply sounds a bit like my last year trip at Christmas to the Italian

Dolimites could be cold could be mild I will prepare for both.

Still haven't seen anything of anyone else going on this trip,but I am sure I will have a

good time been away for the last two Christmas/New Years and they were two very good trips.

Amy

MelG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Amy

I'm booked on this trip too so look forward to meeting you. I'll be keeping a close eye on the weather nearer the time before deciding on clothing but will probably end up covering all eventualities. I will definitely be taking something a bit more special to wear for New Year's Eve - I like an excuse to dress up!

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Melg for your reply was starting to think I was I traveling alone I will be taking a party dress for New Year's Eve the two previous trips I did were very good NYE parties and everyone was dressed up.Look forward to the trip and meeting you.
Mandykay
(Member)
'amy2003' wrote:

Hi has anyone booked this holiday I am traveling to Gatwick on Boxing day as it is an early flight staying at the Premier inn north terminal would love to meet up with someone who is on this trip.I would also like thoughts on what clothes to take probablely the same type we would wear here but is a little black dress reqired for New Years Eve or just smart casual.

Hi Amy, I am going on this holiday for New year and thought the same thing as you...what to wear. thankfully I work with a Spanish lady who said to take warm clothing, especially if I was going to Ronda which is high up and cold. I am undecided at the moment if I am going to stay in a hotel overnight, but my neighbour said he would take me to the airport early morning. If you want, I would be happy to give you my contact details and meet up at the airport

Sue Forshaw
(Member)
Hi, I'm on the New Year trip to Andalucia. I have had the same advice about what clothes to take - layers seem to be the answer. And I'm taking a posh frock for New Years Eve. Look forward to meeting you.
ian3900
(Member)
Hi all I went last year for New Year it was fantastic. I met a lady in April 2014 so no more Just You holidays for me!!!

It was pretty chilly most of the time and I spent most of the week wearing the winter coat I had taken to Gatwick. It was especially cold at Granada which is high and inland - the overnight temperature had been below zero when we arrived. But the sun is lovely too.

The New Year's bash is quite glitzy. Mainly Spanish there who really dress up.

I hope this helps, I am sure you will enjoy it last year was absolutely lovely.

Regards

Ian

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ian3900' wrote:

Hi all I went last year for New Year it was fantastic. I met a lady in April 2014 so no more Just You holidays for me!!!

It was pretty chilly most of the time and I spent most of the week wearing the winter coat I had taken to Gatwick. It was especially cold at Granada which is high and inland - the overnight temperature had been below zero when we arrived. But the sun is lovely too.

The New Year's bash is quite glitzy. Mainly Spanish there who really dress up.

I hope this helps, I am sure you will enjoy it last year was absolutely lovely.

Regards

Ian

Thanks Ian glad you have met a lady to share hols with.and thanks for the information

on the holiday sounds good.

amy2003
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mandykay' wrote:

'amy2003' wrote:

Hi Amy, I am going on this holiday for New year and thought the same thing as you...what to wear. thankfully I work with a Spanish lady who said to take warm clothing, especially if I was going to Ronda which is high up and cold. I am undecided at the moment if I am going to stay in a hotel overnight, but my neighbour said he would take me to the airport early morning. If you want, I would be happy to give you my contact details and meet up at the airport

Hi I will probably see you at the airport anyway everyone puts on the luggage tags you cant miss them look forward to meeting you.