rosysmith
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone

I have booked to go on the Dolomites/Croatia trip next May and am wondering if anyone can help with the Kuna. I'm wondering what value the Kuna has in relation to the pound so that I can decide how much to take with me. i.e. how much is a glass of wine in the hotels (important things first) ?

Also has anyone else booked this trip, I'm going on the 11th from Gatwick staying at the Marriott on the 10th.:)

Rose

sjm533
(Member)
'rosysmith' wrote:

Hi Everyone

I have booked to go on the Dolomites/Croatia trip next May and am wondering if anyone can help with the Kuna. I'm wondering what value the Kuna has in relation to the pound so that I can decide how much to take with me. i.e. how much is a glass of wine in the hotels (important things first) ?

Also has anyone else booked this trip, I'm going on the 11th from Gatwick staying at the Marriott on the 10th.:)

Rose

Hi Rose,

On today's rate £10.23 = 100 Kuna, working the other way 10 Kuna is about £1 - think I have got that right - if not someone will correct me! No idea about costs, but my neighbour got back recently and said that you will get a better rate of you change £1 in Croatia. No doubt the TM will be able to help with that.

Sylvia

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

When I did this trip in June I took £100 worth of Kuna and this was enough for me. Mind you I am not a drinker. You can settle your drinks bill at the hotels with a credit card and most of the people in our party did that. This is a lovely trip and you will really enjoy it.

Jaya

rosysmith
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

When I did this trip in June I took £100 worth of Kuna and this was enough for me. Mind you I am not a drinker. You can settle your drinks bill at the hotels with a credit card and most of the people in our party did that. This is a lovely trip and you will really enjoy it.

Jaya

Hi Jaya

Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to it already.

Rose

Mick W
(Member)
Just for information to anyone going to Croatia its not a bad idea to change your money over there. On my recent christmas trip to Dubrovnik could get a better exchange rate at the hotel than could in the UK.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I too remember that the rate was better in Croatia than what I got in the UK. Usually you do get a better rate locally.

Jaya

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, if i remember correctly, 8 kuna=1 pound??? The exchange rate is getting better for the Brits atm!!

Mark

Mick W
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

Hi, if i remember correctly, 8 kuna=1 pound??? The exchange rate is getting better for the Brits atm!!

Mark

Mark,

Think its better than that, at christmas could get 9.6 to the £ at our hotel, got around 9 over here through my bank.

Mick

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wow, thats phenomenal. They're going to get a shock when they join the euro!

Mark

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Let us hope they decide not to join the Euro!

Jaya

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Havent they already decided to do so? Certainly they're on the list to join, maybe the team can elaborate? I dont trust wikipedia haha!

Mark