Traveller Sue
(Member)
'Paul_W' wrote:

Hi

Has anyone any comments on, or advice for the Holyland tour? Thanks

Regards

Paul

Hello Paul

When are you going ? I'm going on the Christmas one.

Sue

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul

You will really enjoy the Holyland tour. I did this in September 2012. There is a lot to see.

Regards

Jaya

Paul_W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Has anyone any practical advice for the Holy Land trip i.e. Israeli security checks of laptops and mobiles, ?carrying passport at all times, West Bank demonstrations, electric plugs (I have a European adapter) or optional excursions/Tel Aviv add-on. Thanks

Sue: I have booked the April tour with Travelsphere. I hope you have

a great trip.

Regards

Paul

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul

When I did this trip in October 2012 there were no checks of laptops and mobiles. I can't remember whether carrying passports at all times was compulsory - I carry mine at all times unless there is a safe in the hotel room itself. I have a universal plug I bought from Boots which has got a round two pin plug and a flat two pin plug and I have been able to use this in Israel. I have not seen the Travelsphere itinerary so cannot comment on the optional excursions - all our excursions were included in the Just You itinerary. Personally I go on all excursions whether they are included or optional as I like to see and experience as much as I can whilst on holiday. When I did the Just You trip, I went to Tel Aviv 3 days ahead as at that time we did not have an option of add-on and also the main group were arriving late at night and we were leaving early the next morning. I felt totally safe and it was easy to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel. You will have a good time on this trip. I am sure places which are deemed to be unsafe will be avoided.

Regards

Jaya

Paul_W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jaya

Many thanks. The optional excursions are Dead Sea and Masada + Jerusalem by night

Regards

Paul

------------------

Hi Paul

When I did this trip in October 2012 there were no checks of laptops and mobiles. I can't remember whether carrying passports at all times was compulsory - I carry mine at all times unless there is a safe in the hotel room itself. I have a universal plug I bought from Boots which has got a round two pin plug and a flat two pin plug and I have been able to use this in Israel. I have not seen the Travelsphere itinerary so cannot comment on the optional excursions - all our excursions were included in the Just You itinerary. Personally I go on all excursions whether they are included or optional as I like to see and experience as much as I can whilst on holiday. When I did the Just You trip, I went to Tel Aviv 3 days ahead as at that time we did not have an option of add-on and also the main group were arriving late at night and we were leaving early the next morning. I felt totally safe and it was easy to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel. You will have a good time on this trip. I am sure places which are deemed to be unsafe will be avoided.

Regards

Jaya

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Paul

When I went the Dead Sea and Masada were included excursions. We did not have an option of Jerusalem by night. If I were you, I would try and book both optional excursions - I do this as you never know if you will ever get a chance to go back. I like to see as much as I can!

Have a great trip.

Jaya

Sue-si K
(Member)
Hi - I've booked to go on the Christmas 14 Tour to the Holy Land too. Have you booked Paul?

I've started to watch the weather over there and think loosely about what to take. A few months ago I wondered if we would even go with all the troubles escalating. It's not perfect but then I doubt it ever will be.

Should be an excellent tour tho.

Traveller Sue
(Member)
'Sue-si wrote:

Hi - I've booked to go on the Christmas 14 Tour to the Holy Land too. Have you booked Paul?

I've started to watch the weather over there and think loosely about what to take. A few months ago I wondered if we would even go with all the troubles escalating. It's not perfect but then I doubt it ever will be.

Should be an excellent tour tho.

Hello Sue-si K

I'm going on the Christmas trip too. I've been there before and the tour managers keep us away from the dangerous areas. As you say there will always be troubles there.

Look forward to meeting you

Sue (another one !)

Paul_W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue-si

I have booked the April trip with Travelsphere. I am glad you have made contact with Sue: it will be useful with someone who has already done the tour.

Regards

Paul

Paul_W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

Michael Portillo takes his rail journey to the Holy Land on BBC2 tonight at 9

Regards

Paul