Dido123
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've narrowed down to these to holidays and would really welcome any advice/tips/experience to make my final choices please.

I guess it's unlikely that anyone has done both but all thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thank you :thumbup:

1981Kedi
(Member)
Hi

Haven't done either holiday BUT I did the Christmas holiday at Lake Bled last year and it was great! This year I am booked for Dolomites and Croatia (never been to Croatia) but if I hadn't been to Bled last year I would have chosen Dolomites and Bled as the included tours look really good. Good hotel in Bled - recommend a lake view. Have a wonderful holiday whichever you choose!

Dido123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Kedi. It's always good to get others' opinions.

Hope your holiday goes well.

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I did the Dolomites & Croatia last year and am doing the Italy/Slovenia one this year!

The hotel in the Dolomites was excellent - try the hot chocolate, you can stand a spoon up in it! The hotel in Croatia didn't have a bar, but there is one directly across the road! Weather wasn't brilliant but Christmas lunch in the mountains was excellent and we did see a smattering of snow (I live in Scotland so see enough of it!). The Italy/Slovenia trip goes to a couple of the same places - Bassano, Trento and Trieste - all of which I am happy to go back to. If you like prosecco, tiramasu and grappa - book the first one! I honestly think you will enjoy either holiday - depends if you want to go to Croatia or Slovenia.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

dubliner
(Member)
Hi

Not been on either but booked for Italy and lake bled for Xmas,and New year can't wait. I'm sure you will have fun no matter what you choose. I was in Tuscany in September and had the hot chocolate it must be same all over its like a, pudding but it's yummy. And you do need to use the teaspoon!!

1981Kedi
(Member)
Hi Dubliner

Then you will love the hot chocolate they serve when you visit the island in Lake Bled. I think there is a whole post about it on the forum somewhere! 🙂

Dido123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you all for your ideas and experience - much appreciated.
Martwood
(Member)
Hi, I've booked to go to Lake Garda over Christmas, my first trip on a singles holiday. Did consider Croatia & Lake Bled but the hotel in Lake Garda has good reviews on Trip Advisor. There are a few mixed reviews but there always are as there's always someone who gets a bit picky! Anybody else leaving Gatwick for Lake Garda on 23rd Dec please get in touch if you would like to. Cheers, Martyn