Lou76
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello.

I have not used Just You before but from looking through the brochure I am very interested in the Vietnam and Cambodia tour. I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me if they would recommend it/what kind of experiences I would have to help make my mind up on taking the plunge and booking up. If I book up I am thinking of one of the February dates. Many thanks for any help.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lou,

I did this tour in February last year and it was fantastic! I wrote a review when I came back - if you scroll down a few pages on the Reviews forum you'll come across it. This was a great tour, one of the best I've done, with lots of interesting experiences. Often tours comprise of a number of big highlights with what could be described as "filler" activities in between but to my mind, this was just one big highlight after another - I really enjoyed the cyclo (rickshaw) ride around old Hanoi, seeing street life at first hand; Halong Bay was a great experience - it was very foggy when we were there (which is very common, I've learnt since) but it made it a very atmospheric and an almost surreal experience. Other highlights for me were the whole stay at Hoi An, just loved the atmosphere in the town and its very scenic location. The boat ride to Phnom Penh and the city itself were also great - very interesting and I loved the architecture in PP. Naturally the temples at Angkor were another highlight but for me just as interesting was watching life on the floating villages on Tonle Sap lake. The food was very tasty and although the weather was very humid in Cambodia, for many of us this was the best part of the tour. All in all, a holiday to remember for all the right reasons. Any particular questions, I'll do my best to answer them! I do hope you book and have as great a time as I did.

Best wishes,

Bob

Lou76
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Bob.

Many thanks for your reply. I've also just been reading through the thread of your review and it's really helpful and informative. As I haven't used Just You before, and also feel nervous about travelling to such a far away destination I wanted to get the opinion of someone who has experienced the tour and really appreciate you help.

The tour sounds like a real adventure and I'm going to book up.

Many thanks.

Best wishes.

Lou