SarahS
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Getting excited now. Just booked overnight hotel at terminal five. No way am I going to risk missing the flight by getting stuck in traffic on the M25. Anyone else staying at the Sofitel?
Carol Lynda
(Member)
Hi Sarah, I am on this trip. I will get a taxi and will probably travel up very early in the morning. Not long to go, have you booked any trips ? Carol
SarahS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm to prebook tours for the main tour this weekend. Not quite sure whether to book tours on the internet for the add-on or what to do when I get there. I've not been NY before, so will need to consult my guide book first. Statue of Liberty is a must, and perhaps a Broadway show. Not long now, looking forward to meetingveveryone.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello Sarah/Carol

I am doing this tour on 23rd Sept so you will be following on from me...

I have booked tickets online for 9/11 museum and also statue liberty and Ellis Island tour..for my free time in NYC...

Cindy

Carol Lynda
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

I'm to prebook tours for the main tour this weekend. Not quite sure whether to book tours on the internet for the add-on or what to do when I get there. I've not been NY before, so will need to consult my guide book first. Statue of Liberty is a must, and perhaps a Broadway show. Not long now, looking forward to meetingveveryone.

Yes I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, I am organising my ESTA over the next few days, I have been looking at options in New York and there is a hop on hop off Bus which looks quite good for a day. I used one in Dubai and it was a brilliant way to get around. Not sure if I will book before I go or when I get there need to investigate more.

SarahS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have used hop on hop off buses in several US cities. They are a great way of getting your bearings. Does anyone know where the nearest stop to the hotel is? I have usually found concierges in US hotels very helpful in suggesting trips. They generally can sell you tickets too.
JanC
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Getting excited now. Just booked overnight hotel at terminal five. No way am I going to risk missing the flight by getting stuck in traffic on the M25. Anyone else staying at the Sofitel?

Hi

Yes I am too!! This is my first Just You holiday and feeling a little nervous. Perhaps we can meet up for a drink

Jan

JanC
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Hi

Not sure if my reply went through properly. I am staying there too. Perhaps we can meet up for a drink in the evening. My first Just You holiday so feeling a little nervous now lol

Jan

SarahS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
That would great I expect to arrive at the hotel about five.
JanC
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

That would great I expect to arrive at the hotel about five.

Great. Not sure what time I will be arriving but will let you know nearer the time.

Jan