Pat 4358
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I lost my husband 18 months ago. I have just booked my first trip with JY. I feel a little apprehensive not sure what to expect. I'm going on the trip to Majorca on the 16th September from Manchester. Would be pleased to hear from anybody doing the same trip.

chrisc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Pat

Sorry for your loss. I was in the same position a few years and began travelling with Just You. I am sure you will find you have made the right decision and I fully understand your apprehension.

I am not doing this particular holiday, but I noticed no-one had responded to your post yet. Don't be put off - lots of Just You travellers read the Forum but don't actually post.

You will be able to identify your fellow-travellers at the airport (look for Just You luggage labels on hand luggage) so just say hello and you will find that having all chosen the same holiday, you immediately have something in common with everyone and therefore lots to talk about.

Perhaps you will post again on your return and let us all know how it went.

janeyalan
(Member)
Good luck with your trip, I have now done 5 JY holidays since being widowed and they have all been brilliant, I am sure you will have a good time and meet some lovely people.

Jane

JSP
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Pat wrote:

Hi

I lost my husband 18 months ago. I have just booked my first trip with JY. I feel a little apprehensive not sure what to expect. I'm going on the trip to Majorca on the 16th September from Manchester. Would be pleased to hear from anybody doing the same trip.

Hello!

I too am going on this holiday from Manchester on the 16/9/14! I returned from my 3rd Just You holiday at the beginning of this month and have enjoyed them all. I find the worst part of the whole experience is when you are left at the airport by a friendly taxi driver and you are on your own until you arrive at the other end and meet your holiday companions. Once there it is fine, remember we are all in the same situation, we want to go on holiday and have a good time and we don't know anyone! Perhaps wear a red rose between your teeth (as well as your Just You labels) when at Manchester Airport and I will recognise you as a fellow traveller!

Heatherkathryn
(Member)
Hi I have just joined this forum and have started looking at holidays I to lost my husband 16 months ago and will be interested to hear your thoughts on your return Good luck