SKW2962
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can anyone share their experience of this holiday? It looks to be a fascinating place, but my concern is with some of the traveling - one day is 8 hours (I'm presuming in a coach, why not use the high speed trains?) and I've read that there are no toilet facilities along this route and roads are bad. Thoughts?

Sandy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Sandy

if you go into the review section I am sure there has been one left regarding this tour. I have not been on this one.

I have done many tours so if there are other questions please just ask.

Cindy

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SKW2962' wrote:

Can anyone share their experience of this holiday? It looks to be a fascinating place, but my concern is with some of the traveling - one day is 8 hours (I'm presuming in a coach, why not use the high speed trains?) and I've read that there are no toilet facilities along this route and roads are bad. Thoughts?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

If what you have read is right - and JY should be able to tell you - then personally I would give it a miss, fascinating or not. Perhaps someone has already done this and can be specific.

Sylvia

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sandy

I am sure there is a review of this holiday on the forum. Search for it in the Reviews section.

Regards

Jaya

Angie S
(Member)
I did this trip in September 2012. I've put on the forum a comprehensive review.

No offence to others but don't listen to those who have not been. I have and it was just excellent from start to finish. Read my review - I couldn't praise it enough.

The day travelling through the desert was an adventure. They were building a new very good concrete road through the desert when i was there that doesn't melt in the sun. A couple of years on I guess a lot more of it will have been improved. The bus has a loo :-)

Do it.

Yve
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SKW2962' wrote:

Sandy

Hi, I've just returned from this trip and am in the process of writing a review. Yes there is a lot of travelling involved and you see a lot of Uzbekistan, by road as there are no high speed trains here. Yes the roads do vary but that's part of the experience you have along with the varying toilet facilities. This is a wonderful tour and a privilege to meet such friendly and welcoming people.

Yve

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I went through the review section and found this!!

Enjoy!

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-54885.html?highlight=uzbekistan 

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie

This destination is on my list of places to visit. In fact I was tempted after reading your review. I would definitely like to go one day and hope it is sooner rather than later.

Regards

Jaya

rdawson
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

'SKW2962' wrote:

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

If what you have read is right - and JY should be able to tell you - then personally I would give it a miss, fascinating or not. Perhaps someone has already done this and can be specific.

Sylvia

Don't give it a miss, fabulous place, unforgettable unique experience

rdawson
(Member)
'Yve' wrote:

'SKW2962' wrote:

Sandy

Hi, I've just returned from this trip and am in the process of writing a review. Yes there is a lot of travelling involved and you see a lot of Uzbekistan, by road as there are no high speed trains here. Yes the roads do vary but that's part of the experience you have along with the varying toilet facilities. This is a wonderful tour and a privilege to meet such friendly and welcoming people.

Hi Yve, think I was with you, didn't we have the greatest of times remember the sand dune, you know what I mean!

Ruth

Yve