Ballerina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone,

I have just booked JY holiday to Cilento coast 28th of September! This will be first time I have been on holiday on my own, since my husband died 4years ago. Very apprehensive, but also so very excited. Would love to hear from anyone else if they have booked this trip.

Jackie

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ballerina,

No need to be apprehensive. I went to the Cilento Coast last year and had a smashing time. Hotel is really good, you'll love it. My own personal highlight was the Cilento National Park. You get to see a bit of 'Little Italy' as well as the more popular sights of Amalfi...

Let us know how it goes and please do write a review upon your return.

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Heres a link to my review...

Mark

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-58568.html 

Hi Mark,

Have read your review which was so good & I hope my holiday turns out as good as yours. Just hope they don't change airlines again! I will make sure I put in a review of my holiday. Must say it helps looking at the boards & makes me realise that there's no need to feel nervous, everyone seems so friendly!

Jackie

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Mark, your review was really helpful!
katy1717
(Member)
Hi Ballerina,

I did this holiday a couple of years ago and really loved it. Terrific hotel in a really quiet part of Italy. There will be plenty of others with similar personal situation to you and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Katy

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Katy,

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm already feeling that I have made right decision on booking holiday. Hope that I will meet up with a lovely group.

Jackie

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ballerina,

Im glad the review helped.

If you have any more questions, let me know!

Mark

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Firstly, I am sorry for your loss.

Just You is an excellent company to travel with if you are on your own. You are with like minded people and I am sure you will have a great time.

I did this tour last June and had a wonderful time. I have to say I was very impressed. San Marco is a small fishing village and you can walk (1/2 an hour or so) to the main town San Maria.

You have made a good choice.

Best regards.

Mel

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Mel, sounds like I will have a great holiday! If everyone is as friendly as they are on here I cannot go wrong. It is a great help for us 'newbies' to get such encouragement from everyone

Best wishes Jackie

Essa
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ballerina

l have just got back from Cilento Coast. l would go back tomorrow if l could. Fantastic Holiday:) Hotel is Lovely View from my balcony Amazing!!!! Don't worry you will have great fun, l met some lovely people. Just enjoy:). Best Wishes Tessa

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Tessa, glad you had such a good time. I'm counting down weeks!! Jackie
Faith
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Ballerina' wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have just booked JY holiday to Cilento coast 28th of September! This will be first time I have been on holiday on my own, since my husband died 4years ago. Very apprehensive, but also so very excited. Would love to hear from anyone else if they have booked this trip.

Jackie

Hello Ballerina

Good for you taking the plunge to book the holiday. I am sure you will not regret it. I booked my first Just You three years after my husband died and it was the best thing I ever did.

I am not going to Cilento in September but have just come back from a week there.

What's not to like? The hotel is lovely. Super room with a balcony overlooking the sea. If you dont get a sea view, you get a marina view which is just as nice. Hotel staff are friendly and attentive. The best reception staff I have ever had - so helpful.

San Marco is very small, so not much night life, but you don't need it, such good company in the hotel. There is a local bar overlooking the marina just a few minutes away from the hotel which proves a change if you want one. We did also find a restaurant just a minute or two away from that bar, up a side street, but it was on our last day so did not try it.

If you get Rob as your Tour Manager, you can not go wrong. The excursions are great anyway, but he adds that something extra.

I am certain you will enjoy your holiday and suspect that it will be the first of many more - this was my seventh trip - amazing when I think how nervous I was about my first trip - I almost cancelled the night before, but am so glad I did not.

Have a great time.

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Faith,

Your week sounds wonderful! I must say all the reviews about hotel & San Marco have been good. I'm sure I will have a good time, especially if everyone is as friendly as they are on here. It's just doing it for 1st time but I'm already feeling more confident, thanks to you all!

Jackie