sim1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, anybody else out there booked on the same tour, just thought I would test the water and see if any fellow travellers want to start to introduce ourselves.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow travellers, in Peru on the 7th October, or should I say London and Madrid before Peru.

I'm Simon, been on three JY tours, last one to China last year.

So make yourself known and see you in approximately 179 days.

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Simon, not on your tour but doing this tour with Travelsphere just before you on Sept 18th, 160 days away, looking forward to it as i'm sure you are too, am always welcome to exchange thoughts in the build up to what will be a super experience

Regards

Dave

Sweetnutkin
(Member)
Hi, I am looking to book China for my first holiday, can you spare a little time to tell me about it please?
sim1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sweetnutkin' wrote:

Hi, I am looking to book China for my first holiday, can you spare a little time to tell me about it please?

Great tour, very full on with lots of flights ,coach journeys and on our trip train journey to the Yangtze cruise. You get to see all the major sites and stay in some good hotels only Xian needed updating, but all are very clean, have excellent staff. Food wise, it's good but do not expect, ducks feet or anything odd. Not unless you buy it yourself.

Highlights are the great wall, terracotta warriors and the cruise.

Dumpling dinner and show after was excellent as well.

Yangtze cruise is worth it but do not expect luxury travel, its basic, but again everything is clean and staff are very good on board ship, food is average compared with the rest of the tour. But again if you have the time and money do not miss it, the views are great and you get to see a lot of real China along the way.

One other thing, there is a lot of walking and stairs, so be prepared.

Any specific questions just ask, somebody will answer you, if not start a new thread, or ask the editor Julia she always comes back with a reply. Unusual question on a Peru posting but that's how things get done on these community sites, nothing like off on a tangent.

Karryannie
(Member)
Hi Simon

I have booked this holiday too, I am so excited. Amazon add on as well. this will be my 4th Just you holiday.

How many days now?

sim1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Karryannie' wrote:

Hi Simon

I have booked this holiday too, I am so excited. Amazon add on as well. this will be my 4th Just you holiday.

How many days now?

According to my app on the phone 144 days, soon be time to pack:)

that's 208034 minutes at the time of writing and counting down.

See you in Peru.

Rob.E
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I've booked Peru for October flying from Manchester via Amsterdam, this will be my first 'solo' trip. Looking forward to seeing Peru and would be interested in hearing from anyone on the same trip.
sim1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Only 3 months ish to go before our trip, I believe there are 25 of us in total on this date, so anyone else out there who would like to make themselves known, please do so

Starting to look at exchange rates, and getting some stuff together, insect repellent etc., have booked my final vaccinations and now looking for a backpack for hand luggage, and for the Amazon add on bit of the tour.

Anyone who has been on the Amazon add on, could I ask, did you have any problems with camera equipment and the humidity, and did you protect any of your electrical items with anything?

So see you all soon

Simon aka Sim1