Covey27
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Greetings. Finally booked my first trip after, literally, a year of dithering. I don't know why I'm so nervous but have always, always wanted to see Florence and thought I'd test the waters with a short trip!

Anyway, would be good to hear if anyone else is going, or has been on the holiday before - I know it's a fairly new one 🙂

mikethesaint
(Member)
'Covey27' wrote:

Greetings. Finally booked my first trip after, literally, a year of dithering. I don't know why I'm so nervous but have always, always wanted to see Florence and thought I'd test the waters with a short trip!

Anyway, would be good to hear if anyone else is going, or has been on the holiday before - I know it's a fairly new one :-)

Hi,

I'm doing this same trip with JY to Florence on the 18th May with a friend. I visited the city briefly a few years ago whilst on a cruise so I can't remember that much other than how busy it was. Hopefully spending a few days there will give me more time to have a good look round at a more leisurely pace.

If I get a chance on my return I'll try and write a review of how it goes.

Mike

Covey27
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the info Mike - would be interested to see what you think.
Wendy2
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Covey27' wrote:

Anyway, would be good to hear if anyone else is going, or has been on the holiday before - I know it's a fairly new one :-)

Just back from 18 May trip. Lovely city - but take walking shoes! It's a fair walk from hotel to city centre, and on uneven flagstones. If you want to see the Ufizzi you can prebook online from their official website; very well worth the booking fee.