Mary B
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Has anyone been on the Australia trip, l'm thinking of going in September
AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Mary

yes did this in November, its a wonderful trip, well worth doing, you will not be dissapointed, anything you need to let me know please ask

Regards

Dave

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this one in October 2011 - an amazing trip, more like several different holidays rolled in to one. If you search through the forum you will find lots of tips including really useful ones from Sarah Wrightson who was the rep on my trip.

Try to do as many of the optional excursions as you can so you get the most out of the trip.

If you have any specific questions please ask.

Sally

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'Mary wrote:

Hi Mary B, I did this trip in November last year with the start of the summer the weather was great. A great holiday with so much to do. Ok it cost a few pounds but it was a trip of a life time. Must admit the balloon trip and swimming on the barrier reef were amazing. Also some of us crazy lot did the Sydney harbour bridge climb. So I would say save hard and book the trip. Let me no how you get on shelly 1

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Mary,

You will love it!!! I went with JY in October 2012.

Lots of travelling but well worth it. Exciting places to visit and things to do. Myself I loved eating out at Ayres Rock ( part of the inclusive holiday), The Barrier reef at Cairns, again an inclusive item, plus a welcome meal on arrival in Australia and departure meal on a tram in Melbourne.

Of course there are the sights to see in the destinations you will be going to, Sydney, Canberra, Perth, Alice Springs, Melbourne, Cairns, Ayres Rock. Try and do as much extras as you can afford. I loved the Balloon flight in Alice Springs, Kuranda Scenic Railway in Cairns.

As stated you will have your time of your life - Once in a lifetime holiday with memories for the rest of your life.

Enjoy.

Eric

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Mary,

I went on this trip 2 years ago and I can thoroughly recommend it. Unfortunately I went early in the year - their autumn - and the weather was variable, but September should be much better. Australia is a vast country of contrasts from endless desert on the west coast, to tropical forests in the east. You will do a lot of travelling but you will see a wide variety of different places. Highlights: Perth, Alice Springs, the Great Barrier Reef, Sydney and many more. Since I went the Australian Dollar has dropped against the Pound so should be much cheaper. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I am considering going back again next year, something I have never done before.

Go for it, a holiday of a lifetime!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Like all the others have said....go and enjoy the holiday of a lifetime, I did balloon flight, helicopter over Ayres rock and the Olga's, Karunda rail trip, a meal in a revolving restraunt great views so many memories have fun...

Cindy

chelley k
(Member)
'Mary wrote:

Hi Mary,

After much deliberating I finally booked to go on the September trip. Reading some of the reviews it looks like a trip not to be missed. I booked a few weeks ago and they only had 5 places left, so if you really want to go in September you should give them a call and see how many places they have. Wouldn't want you to miss out if you have your heart set on those dates.

Good luck with your decision.

Michelle

porterin
(Member)
Hi Mary I have just been on the March 2014 trip to Australia. I would just like to say what an amazing holiday it was. I learnt a lot about the country and did all the trips bar one as I have a big phobia of the crocodile. I went in a hot air balloon at alice springs, climbed the Sydney harbour bridge and lots more. The weather was good, the aussie people are lovely. There was thirty five of us and we all get along really well together and I must mention our tour manager Sarah. She worked really hard to make our holiday go so well and I really appreciated all she did as she was excellent and dedicated to her work. So thank you Sarah and not forgetting when she got me passed a python without me seeing it xx
chelley k
(Member)
Hi "Porterin"

Glad you had an amazing time. I'm going in September and I can't wait!! Though your story on the python is a little alarming! Will be keeping my eye out for them! Just a quick question which I hope you don't mind me asking. I have no idea how much money to take for food/drinks. A few of the messages on the forums have suggested that it is quite. Please can you give me a rough idea of how much you took for food/drink.

Cheers

Michelle

'porterin' wrote:

Hi Mary I have just been on the March 2014 trip to Australia. I would just like to say what an amazing holiday it was. I learnt a lot about the country and did all the trips bar one as I have a big phobia of the crocodile. I went in a hot air balloon at alice springs, climbed the Sydney harbour bridge and lots more. The weather was good, the aussie people are lovely. There was thirty five of us and we all get along really well together and I must mention our tour manager Sarah. She worked really hard to make our holiday go so well and I really appreciated all she did as she was excellent and dedicated to her work. So thank you Sarah and not forgetting when she got me passed a python without me seeing it xx

zztop27
(Member)
I did the OZ trip in October 2011 with Sally C. It was great and really got me into the travel bug - I have since done 3 other JY trips to China, Peru and India so my advice is book it and have a great time.

PS Climbing Sydney Bridge was probably the highlight amongst many highlights.

Pete ....................

Sarah W - TM
(Member)
Hi Michelle (and anyone else who isn't keen on reptiles),

Don't worry about pythons or other snakes. This one was in a wildlife park where animals are brought out for visitors to see or handle.

I knew that Rosemary really didn't like snakes so I went and found her to walk her past that area so she didn't have to see it.

There are lots of other more cuddly creatures to see (koalas, kangeroos, etc..), both in the wild and at the wildlife park. In fact you'll see more furry or feathery creatures than snakes!

It's a great tour, you'll have a lot of fun.

Hooroo,

Sarah

porterin
(Member)
Hi to anyone booking the Aussie tour. Yes do not worry about reptiles you avoid them, the kangaroos, wallabies, koalas are so lovely,. I held a koala and he was so cute. The visit to see the penguins was something not to be missed. Its a holiday of a life time that you will be talking about forever as there is so much to see and do. My friends are amazed at what the holiday entailed. I would say do all the extra trips if you can as they are well worth doing and for spends it depends as to what you want to do. I had a good breakfast that was included, a small snack at lunch time and sometimes a meal with friends at night or got some food from supermarkets. So yes budget for that as I was not sure either how much I would spend.