sooty4680
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I'm thinking of booking the walking in yorkshire holiday. This is totally new to me, i've never been with JY or on a walking holiday! I'm fit and active, but i'm curious to hear from anyone in the community who has booked this holiday or been on a walking trip with JY. Just a little apprehensive about taking that first step.

catbells
(Member)
Hi. I've booked this holiday for May!. First time away on my own so I thought I would start with a short break. I love walking but have become unfit over the last year so this has given the "kick start" I need to get walking again. I'm quite apprehensive also. I hope I'm not the oldest at 68!!
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Catbells,

I've just had a quick look, and can tell you that you are not the oldest in the group.

I hope you have a wonderful time - please let us know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Julia

HamJen
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sooty4680' wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking of booking the walking in yorkshire holiday. This is totally new to me, i've never been with JY or on a walking holiday! I'm fit and active, but i'm curious to hear from anyone in the community who has booked this holiday or been on a walking trip with JY. Just a little apprehensive about taking that first step.

I've just returned from the is holiday-----it was wonderful. My age is 68 the group were from 40ish to over 70 I would say. Wonderful scenery & a well planned holiday. Only the evenings were a bit boring nothing to do apart from eating dinner as the hotel was too far away from the city for guests to stroll in Yorkshire by night. Courier a lady called Min who was fantastic.

Lindy Lou
(Member)
Hi. I am joining the Walking in Yorkshire trip on the 19th May. First solo holiday so a bit nervous about going. I was widowed two years ago so have chosen a completely different kind of holiday to what I was used to. I enjoy walking so thought this might suit me.