Sue Mulliner
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have been going through my first Just You Brochure [very nice!]

have narrowed it down to three poss destinations - Tuscany, Calabria

and North Cyprus. Any one done any of the above and if so what did you think? I have been to Italy before and love it [Rome, Venice - Lake Garda]

would like to see more.

Have traveled alone to the USA , think I would like some company in future!!

Dont mind being independent but hate eating alone, what say

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sue wrote:

and North Cyprus. Any one done any of the above and if so what did you think? I have been to Italy before and love it [Rome, Venice - Lake Garda]

would like to see more.

Hi Sue,

I absolutely loved Calabria. Superb hotel - the brochure does not do it justice. Non-touristy, beautiful scenery, good food, inexpensive. No very early morning starts. I put a review on the forum last September. Search for Calabria in the review section to find it.

Not been to Tuscany. It is very popular, but will be a lot busier.

Regards

Sylvia

daveJB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

I went to North Cyprus last year, the hotel is excellent, right on the sea, wonderful food, the tours are

good, especially the one to Karpas peninsula and there is a bus to Famagusta if you want explore

further. There is a lovely sandy beach and locally owned cafes/ resturants a few hundred yards along from the hotel. I am going to book this holiday again this year as I had such a lovely time.

Dave.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

Know what you mean about eating alone, been in that situation many times, worst part of travelling solo.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Sue wrote:

would like to see more.

Hi there Sue. You are hearing from a total lover of Italy here. :thumbup: I have been on the Cilento Coast holiday twice with JY. Wonderful place. great hotel. Last October I went on the Tuscany trip. Super little hotel, very friendly staff and good food. The trip gives a good taster of the area, trips to Pisa, Siena and Florence are all included. I think it is very good value for money.

I want to do Calabria at some point but the dates haven't worked out for me this year. I am hopefully off to Slovenia instead.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Sue and welcome

out of your three options I have visited Tuscany, Very nice tour not to hectic, hotel a hop from the beach, and a gentle stroll to a nice village to stock up on supplies. Hotel rooms do vary in this family run hotel, the staff are very attentive and amusing. lots of nice trips out and about seeing the sights so plenty to see and learn. Italian ice cream must be eaten daily very nice... Breakfast and evening meal are on site, the last evening they make a really nice effort which is very much appreciated. As a vegetarian I did not go hungry on this tour. I do know people who have been on the Cyprus tour and enjoyed it.

Hope you get to go on a tour, I have my 10th booked for this year so if I can help with anything else just ask.

Cindy

Auntie D
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Hello Sue and welcome

out of your three options I have visited Tuscany, Very nice tour not to hectic, hotel a hop from the beach, and a gentle stroll to a nice village to stock up on supplies. Hotel rooms do vary in this family run hotel, the staff are very attentive and amusing. lots of nice trips out and about seeing the sights so plenty to see and learn. Italian ice cream must be eaten daily very nice... Breakfast and evening meal are on site, the last evening they make a really nice effort which is very much appreciated. As a vegetarian I did not go hungry on this tour. I do know people who have been on the Cyprus tour and enjoyed it.

Hope you get to go on a tour, I have my 10th booked for this year so if I can help with anything else just ask.

Cindy

Hello Sue,

I was on the Tuscany tour last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is so relaxed and the staff are great, so friendly and anything they can do for you, you just need to ask.

I'd definitely agree with all of Cindy's comments, so good luck with wherever you decide to go but DO book somewhere, you'll never regret it and then you'll want to book your next JY holiday.

All the best.

Denise

:thumbup::D:thumbup:

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I have booked Calabria trip for 30 August this year and am really looking forward to it. The location and hotel looks fantastic. I am not looking forward to the return flight time as it is very late!!

Jaya

Julie L
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Hi Sue,

Know what you mean about eating alone, been in that situation many times, worst part of travelling solo.

Mick

To Mick W, can't imagine you ever eating alone with your good looks and personality!

And the gift of the gab, but honestly I know what you mean, I don't like eating on my own, you imagine people saying (there's a person known as Billy no Mates) hope you have a good 2014, and key us know where your thinking off for new year 2014/2015 xJulie L

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Hi Sue,

Mick

To Mick W, can't imagine you ever eating alone with your good looks and personality!

And the gift of the gab, but honestly I know what you mean, I don't like eating on my own, you imagine people saying (there's a person known as Billy no Mates) hope you have a good 2014, and key us know where your thinking off for new year 2014/2015 xJulie L

I've eaten alone many times (but I like the good looks & personality bit, lol).

Not sure New Year yet but all will be revealed eventually, have just booked a city break to Barcelona at end of february got a brilliant deal through my avios points. Flights from Manchester (connecting at heathrow) for £1 (+15,000points but had much more than that) and a hotel with breakfasts for 4 nights in the centre for only £219.

Couldn't resist.

Then looking forward to my JY trip to Slovenia in early May.

Mick

ps: just bought some walking boots so looking at walking hols for later.