sunrise70
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone. New to the site. Am trying to decide on next holiday and am trying to choose between Costa de la Luz and Italy's Cilento coast. Has anybody been to either and can tell me what they are like?

Also anybody else thinking of going to either this Sept??

Sunrise

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sunrise

I have done neither of these tours but I know many on here have been so I hope they answer you Have you looked at the review section and seen what people have posted on there if you haven't may I suggest you have a look it might help you.

Good Luck

Cindy

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

Have done four long haul holidays with JY and enjoyed them all. Am considering Costa De Luz in September for this year as I can fly from Glasgow which is close to my home. This holiday has had very positive reviews ad looks like good value. Will make up my mind soon!

Lesley

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sunrise,

You have picked two good holidays both hotels always get top marks and the holidays get good reviews.

I've done Cilento coast and can confirm its excellent but haven't done the other so just go by what others have told me. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

Mick

katy1717
(Member)
I've been to the Cilento Coast. Loved it. Super hotel. Costa de la Luz is on my wishlist but haven't got there yet.
AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, Sunrise

If you go into "Search", don't specify a section, and enter either "Cilento" or "Costa de la Luz", you'll find everything that has been written about them on the Forum. Costa de la Luz keeps getting very good reviews and is on my wish list for next year (I've already got one booked and another earmarked for later this year) and I also remember reading good things about the Cilento Coast.

Whichever you pick, you're sure to enjoy them.

Ann

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I went to Costa de la Luz in September, had a fantastic time. Great hotel by the beach, buffet meals catering for all tastes, entertainment each evening.somewhere I would go back again at some point,

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have been to Costa de la Luz and highly recommend this holiday. Everything is great - hotel, beach, excursions, food and plenty of leisure time.

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
I have done Cilento Coast twice Wonderful unspoilt part of Italy. :thumbup:

Costa de la Luz is always on the list of "to do's" but I am kind of scared of big hotels!!

Phyllis
(Member)
I have booked my first trip with JY to Slovenia for may and if all goes well with it I am looking for either Spain or Italy around 9th September the bonus with the costa de la luz holiday for me is that they fly from both Glasgow and Newcastle airport so no long travelling time for me.
sunrise70
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Phyllis.

Think I am going to go for the Costa de la Luz option as several people have sent good reports about it. Let me know if you decide to go too, Sunrise

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

I personally did not think the hotel was big in Costa de la Luz - or if it was, it did not feel like a big hotel to me. Honestly it is a lovely hotel - do not let that put you off going there as it is a great holiday.

Jaya

lesley07
(Member)
Hi sunrise

Have you decided on a date in September? I'm considering either 2nd or 9th

Lesley

sunrise70
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Costa de la Luz is always on the list of "to do's" but I am kind of scared of big hotels!!

Hi Bosuncat. Have decided on the Costa de la Luz holiday so if you fancy it in Sept let me know and we can hold each others hand. You don't say where you live but I live in Wales and though the sight calls me a junior member am most definitely a "senior" Sunrise

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sunrise

Enjoy your holiday ..junior member is to do with the amount of postings on the boards you have made...

Cindy

lesley07
(Member)
'Phyllis' wrote:

I have booked my first trip with JY to Slovenia for may and if all goes well with it I am looking for either Spain or Italy around 9th September the bonus with the costa de la luz holiday for me is that they fly from both Glasgow and Newcastle airport so no long travelling time for me.

Hi Phyllis

I too am considering 9th September for Costa de la Luz travelling from Glasgow. Have you decided yet?

Lesley

bourkie
(Member)
Hello Sunrise

I went to the Cilento Coast September 2012 , it is in an unspoilt part of Italy the hotel is beautiful with staff who are caring and kind. It was a beautiful holiday.

I have booked to go to Costa de la Luz in may. Have only read good reviews for this holiday.

Enjoy your holiday, you have done the hardest bit booking it!!.

Lillie.

Frankath
(Member)
'sunrise70' wrote:

Hi everyone. New to the site. Am trying to decide on next holiday and am trying to choose between Costa de la Luz and Italy's Cilento coast. Has anybody been to either and can tell me what they are like?

Also anybody else thinking of going to either this Sept??

Sunrise

Hello, I am thinking of going to Italy in September , will be my first holiday with JY , bit apprehensive but would really like to get it booked!

Bosuncat
(Member)
'sunrise70' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat. Have decided on the Costa de la Luz holiday so if you fancy it in Sept let me know and we can hold each others hand. You don't say where you live but I live in Wales and though the sight calls me a junior member am most definitely a "senior" Sunrise

I live near Nottingham. Not too sure if I will be doing anything later in the year or not at the moment.