chelley k
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I am trying to decide on whether I can afford to go to Australia this year or next. Can anyone who has been give me any advice on how much extra it may cost for the additional trips and food and drinks etc. Would like to experience as much as possible and not worry that I dont have enough money.

Thanks for your advice!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Chelley

I hope someone can honestly answer this question for you that has been in this JY OZ tour. I have been to OZ but not on this tour. I don't know what sort of spending budget you have, but my advise would be.....go when you have enough money to do ALL YOU want to do, so you see and do as much as possible, and buy things along the way, there is nothing worse than going all that way and having to pass on a extra trip out or a helicopter flight etc because you cannot pay. I hope this makes sense, I did the NZ tour in 2012 and I took a vast amount of money as I wanted to do all I could! unfortunately due to weather conditions in the air I only managed I helicopter flight so I did in fact come back with money! but I made sure that the money was there if needed. Also you will find that the tour manager will most probably have a few extra optional trips when you meet up with them, while in NZ I did a wine tour and Arctic experience which did cost a fair amount. So it's having the money for what you want to do and per heaps extras when out there.

Sorry I cannot help you any more, but if you have any other questions about JY then please ask I have my 10 th tour booked ..

Cindy

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Chelly,

I did the Australia leg (22 days) in October 2012 with pre stop over in Singapore and New Zealand afterwards.

You will find Australia expensive but the costs that are in with JY do help. You will get a evening group dinner on arrival in Perth and a fantastic leaving Meal on a tram around Melbourne, an evening under Ayres rock complete with dinner, A day on the Barrier reef at Cairns which is also inclded in the JY holiday. All the places you will visit do have breakfasts so no problem there!

Yes you will have to find lunches, dinners etc but like I did decided to go with what I liked. Budjeting my meals per day.

Additional excursions can be prebooked (some) and paid for by booking through JY before you go. So no worries there. Any others you like can be paid for to the tour manager or company whilst in that town/city.

Like Cindy says, take as much money as you can afford. I had a Caxton pre-paid card with me for my trip and loaded it with Sterling before I left the UK. I kept a record of my spending, which was easily done throughout the trip.

One tip, Mobile phone calls in Australia are cheap. I bought a sim card for $10 in Perth. Used it every day in each locatio, mainly calling back home and a couple of times for inter-state calls in Australia. Still have around a couple of dollars left on it now. So instead of roming charges here is a good solution.

Anyway hope this helps. Have a fantastic holiday when you go - - I know you will I did!!!!!!

Eric

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'chelley wrote:

Hi

I am trying to decide on whether I can afford to go to Australia this year or next. Can anyone who has been give me any advice on how much extra it may cost for the additional trips and food and drinks etc. Would like to experience as much as possible and not worry that I dont have enough money.

Thanks for your advice!

Hi Chelley, Just got back from the oz trip in Nov last year. Yes the cost is a problem. You only do these trips once. So I did most of the extra trips and pre booked from home. Much better then you only have food and extra treats to pay for. I did find oz more expensive than home.The time of year also with wanting good weather I went in November. But that way had to sort Christmas before going more cash to find. So maybe do the trip next year give you more time to save. Must do trip

From Shelly 1