Lesley Carter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I am new to Just You Holidays and very nervous.

After plucking up enough courage, I have gone for it, and booked Australia in March 2014.

I would like to hear from anyone who has already done this trip, also from anyone who has booked for March.

Lesley

Brenda K
(Member)
'Lesley wrote:

After plucking up enough courage, I have gone for it, and booked Australia in March 2014.

I would like to hear from anyone who has already done this trip, also from anyone who has booked for March.

Lesley

Hi Lesley

I'm thinking of going later next year trip looks amazing. You'll have to post a review would be good to hear all about it. Hope you have a fab time :)

Brenda

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Lesley

we have just come back from this tour and with the jet lag at last wearing off I can tell you you are in for a real treat, it's a smashing tour and you'll love it, there is never a moment when your on your own unless of course you want to be, our group tended to meet up in the evening around 7 - 7.30 which was often only an hour or two after getting in from a tour or from a flight, yes you'll love OZ and def make some friends along the way, anything you want to know just ask

Dave

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dave

Glad you are getting on top of the JET LAG it is horrid...

Brenda / Lesley I have been to Australia and I love the country and the people you will have a great time I am sure..so much to see and do, Have fun!!

Cindy

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Lesley,

Did Oz with New Zealand and Singapore last year. A "once in a lifetime" experiance seeing all of Australia. Eating in the evening virtually under Ayres rock, Ballooning in Alice springs, Kahundra railway and Barrier reef in Cairns, Sights of Sydney, Canberra capital city, Melbourne farewell dinner on a tram. Something to do and see all the time in Oz. You will make new friends and have everlasting memories.

Enjoy when you go.

All the best

Eric.

AbbaDave
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Dave

Brenda / Lesley I have been to Australia and I love the country and the people you will have a great time I am sure..so much to see and do, Have fun!!

Cindy

Thanks Cindy it was fab shall post a review soon, yes the Jet Lag is really horrid went back to work this afternoon and felt as though I was still on another planet, going was fine!

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bren

Glad to hear you have caught the JY bug after Hawaii. I did Oz for my 40th a couple of years ago and it was really incredible. I really hope you do this one. It was several holidays in one because each area was so different. The three weeks flew by. Don't worry about having to take three weeks worth of clothes, most hotels had DIY laundry rooms and there was plenty of time either around breakfast time or dinner to get stuff washed and dried.

The other bit of advice is do all the excursions if you can, although the trip out to the Great Barrier Reef may not be for you! The Sound if Silence dinner at Ayres Rock is such a magical experience as is the dawn flight over the Outback. There were so many highlights I could go on for ever but if you have any specific questions just shout.

I'm already looking for my next trip (after the Galapagos) and am leaning towards Cuba at present. It looks like it's changing quite quickly now and I want to get there before it gets too 'capitalist!). So many places to go and so little time............

Sally

Auntie D
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Dave

Cindy

Brenda/Lesley,

I must admit to being prejudiced because I lived in Australia for 6 years ~ some time ago I must add. However, I have been a couple of times recently.

You will have a great time, Australia is an amazing country, so many contrasts. Also, going with JY you will be well looked after from beginning to end.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves. Give my love to Sydney when you get there, I lived in an apartment with a view of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House!!!

Regards.

Denise

:D:D:D

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi Lesley

we have just come back from this tour and with the jet lag at last wearing off I can tell you you are in for a real treat, it's a smashing tour and you'll love it, there is never a moment when your on your own unless of course you want to be, our group tended to meet up in the evening around 7 - 7.30 which was often only an hour or two after getting in from a tour or from a flight, yes you'll love OZ and def make some friends along the way, anything you want to know just ask

Dave

Hi Dave yes the jet lag was fun going back to work the day after we got back (bad idea).Hope you enjoyed the trip a much as I did.All those who did NZ are still away lucky lot. Shelly 1

AltyJohn
(Member)
Dave, Shelly,

Glad that you are recovering. We are flying back from New Zealand on Tuesday - weather has been pretty bad here, We all preferred Australia over New Zealand - ideally needed a break between the two holidays.

John.

Brenda K
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Hi Bren

Glad to hear you have caught the JY bug after Hawaii. I did Oz for my 40th a couple of years ago and it was really incredible. I really hope you do this one. It was several holidays in one because each area was so different. The three weeks flew by. Don't worry about having to take three weeks worth of clothes, most hotels had DIY laundry rooms and there was plenty of time either around breakfast time or dinner to get stuff washed and dried.

The other bit of advice is do all the excursions if you can, although the trip out to the Great Barrier Reef may not be for you! The Sound if Silence dinner at Ayres Rock is such a magical experience as is the dawn flight over the Outback. There were so many highlights I could go on for ever but if you have any specific questions just shout.

I'm already looking for my next trip (after the Galapagos) and am leaning towards Cuba at present. It looks like it's changing quite quickly now and I want to get there before it gets too 'capitalist!). So many places to go and so little time............

Sally

Hello Sally

It does look an amazing trip, as confirmed by so many other positive comments. Yes the barrier reef trip is a concern, it would be a huge shame to miss it though, I'll have to look into every available potion to see what else is out there that might work! Having said that I'm not actually sure if I could take 3 weeks off work, we're not allowed to take more than 2, small company small teams so it does make it difficult but I am going to at least ask as I really really want to go!!!! :-)

How are you? Never did get that email :-)

Galapagos isn't long now is it - so excited for you, I wish I was going, you're going to have such an incredible holiday.

Haven't really looked at Cuba, or don't think I have, looked at so many hols I've sort of lost track really.

Take care

Bren 🙂

Brenda K
(Member)
Hi everyone

So many positive comments Australia's definitely my next choice, if I can get the time off work!?

Sounds like such a good trip with so much to do and see I would just have to suffer the jet lag so I can say I've been :-)

Bren

porterin
(Member)
Hi Lesley I am also travelling on the Australia 2014 trip. I have been on one two the Golden West, I am sure it is going to be a fantastic holiday Rosemary
DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello,

Of all the holidays I have had with JY (11 and just booked number 12) Australia was second only to China. I particularly liked the difference between the areas as you cross this vast continent. This difference means that there is always something new to see which was ideal for me. Highlight was the Great Barrier Reef - one of the things on my 'to do' list before I pop my clogs was to try scuba diving. Fantastic. If not for you, you can snorkel, go in the submarine or just swim in the warm, clear water. With an excellent lunch included, not to be missed.

Whatever tour taste, you will have a great time.

JudeR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lesley wrote:

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

I'm also new to Just You and have booked on the Amazing Australia trip in March. All those who have previously travelled on JY trips are very positive about the support offered so I'm sure all will go well.

Regards,Jude

KarinR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

I've also plucked up the courage to do a Just You holiday and I am going on the March Australian Tour, so hope to meet you next week.

Karin