ian3900
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi just wondered if anyone is booked on this for New Year trip to Andalucia ist sounds absolutely fantastic. Escape the dark days of winter and I have always wanted to visit the Alhambra in Granada. I am a complete newbie - separated earlier in the year - actually quite used to travelling on my own because of work but this is rather different! It would be nice to know that there are some good kind ::people on the trip. Regards to all Ian
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian

I am not on this trip, but have been to Andalucia in September 2010 with Just You. You will love Andalucia. Travelling with Just You is a good experience - I have been on 4 Just You holidays and have enjoyed every one of them. I would say if you really like the sound of the trip just go ahead and book it. You will have no regrets.

Regards

Jaya

ian3900
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have done it I have booked actually quite excited any one else booked? Ian
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian

Glad to know that you have gone ahead and booked the trip. I am sure you are going to have a great time in Andalucia. Hopefully the weather too will be much better than over here. Do post a review of the trip when you are back.

Regards

Jaya

ian3900
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Jaya. Did you go to the Alhambra just wonder how that day was - is it far/how long do you get there etc.? My first JY holiday of course, just wondered how it works on the way out, do you get to sit next to another JY traveller on the plane or do you al meet up at Malaga airport? Thanks for your help Ian
Poppyfields5
(Member)
Hi Ian

I'm on this holiday too, it's my 2nd time away at New Year and have also been on several other similar holidays. All my experiences of these holidays have been fantastic. Looking forward to this trip and visiting new places.

Where are you flying from? I am flying from Manchester.

Karen:thumbup:

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ian,

I did this holiday in november 2010 and really enjoyed it, all the excurrsions are good. The Alhambra day is quite long if I remember but you do get some time in Granada aswell.

Done 10 JY hols and its not guarenteed you will get sat with someone on the plane (about 50/50 in my experience) but you are likely to be near others in the group. However you are likely tpo meet others at the check in or at the gate just look for the JY labels.

I often use this forum to arrange meeting others but remember not everyone uses the forum.

Mick

ian3900
(Member) (Topic Starter)
[Hi Karen many thanks for the reply, I am flying from Gatwick. My first time so by my standards you are an expert! You obviously enjoyed it first time? Flight's quite early so I reckon I will need to stay over at LGW on the 26th. Thanks again for responding - look forward to seeing you there.;)
ian3900
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Mick this is really helpful, I assume your picture was not in the Alhambra ha ha ha.

Thanks for the tip re labels, hadn't thought of that good idea!!!

Thank you again for replying much appreciated.

Ian

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ian,

No the picture isn't the Alhambra, but was on a JY hol, National Parks in Sept/Oct this year.

I enjoyed Gibralter and Rhonda but as i sad think all the trips worth doing.

Here are my Andalucia pics, a few at Alhambra in there :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308363@N02/sets/72157625395367443/ 

Have a great time.

Mick

Auntie D
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Ian,

No the picture isn't the Alhambra, but was on a JY hol, National Parks in Sept/Oct this year.

Have a great time.

Mick

Hi Mick

I've just looked at your fantastic photos. I am going to Mijas for Christmas and although I have been before, it was some years ago so they reminded me of the area.

I didn't go to Alhambra last time but I've booked it on this trip.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Denise

;);)

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Auntie wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Ian,

Have a great time.

Mick

Hi Mick

I've just looked at your fantastic photos. I am going to Mijas for Christmas and although I have been before, it was some years ago so they reminded me of the area.

I didn't go to Alhambra last time but I've booked it on this trip.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Denise

;);)

Denise,

Yes its awhile since I looked at my own pics, its good to look occasionally reminds you of a good holiday.

I considered the christmas trip but opted for something else instead but not with JY. Saving the money for trips next year.

Enjoy your trip.

Mick

ian3900
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick many thanks indeed for the photos really enjoyed looking at them its given me a good idea of it all and looking forward to it even more! Regards Iab