paulajay
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've got the travel documents (hooray!!), but was wondering if anyone else is travelling from Birmingham?

Any idea of the amount of Euros needed? Never been to Spain, although I've travelled quite widely.

Many thanks,

Paula

SueP365
(Member)
Hi Paula,

I've just returned (yesterday) from Andalucia.

Had a wonderful time, Hotel is really lovely, buffet breakfast and dinner, loads to pick from, and as much as you want to eat. Beautiful pool area, and lovely terrace, with the most beautiful views, to sit before or after dinner and trips very good.

re the amount of Euros, depends if you like shopping etc. I took approx 280euros cash and my bank and credit card. came back with some cash, but I did use the cards (I love shopping!). Hotel drinks were a little pricy euro2.10 for a Sprite, or bottle of water from the vending machine. spirits approx 5euros, but they are "doubles". There is a supermarket 2 mins walk from the hotel, where you can get a large bottle of water for a few cents.

have a wonderful time

regards

Sue

paulajay
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks, Sue, and glad you had a good hol. Sounds ideal and as restful as I need at the moment!

Thanks for the advice re the amount of Euros I should keep as cash. Most useful.

Now all I've got to do is pack.......

Paula

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
As you'll be on half board you wont need money for your main meals so the things to consider are :-

Drinks on an evening

Light lunch

coffees/tea, etc

souvenier/gifts

Excurrsions (have you pre-paid or will you pay some in resort).

Prices are similar to here (cheaper if anything), how much varies depending on your own requirements from the above list.

P Gray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paula

I'm booked for Andalucia on October 3rd but I'm travelling from Gatwick. See you in Andalucia!

P Gray

paulajay
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'P wrote:

Hi Paula

I'm booked for Andalucia on October 3rd but I'm travelling from Gatwick. See you in Andalucia!

P Gray

Hi,P,

Whilst fighting the dreaded lurgi, I'm about to make my way to Brum in anticpation of a 7 am flight. See you in Mijas.......

regards P