maggie-b
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Any tips for nervous of North Yorkshire changing from Kings Cross to St Pancras e.g time and how easy? Also hotels near by that aren't an arm and a leg suitable for a single lady who will have no idea where she is!!
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maggie,

From North Yorkshire myself (Selby) and although not done eurostar yet i have been to London on the train many times.

Kings Cross and St Pancras and are right next door to each other and linked, just follow the signs to the right as you get off your train, 5 minute walk and don't need to even go outside.

However hotels in the area are a mixed bag and suggest you read reviews before booking, I use expedia a lot and find reviews quite accurate. London hotels arn't cheap and if the price is low its often for a reason.

Mick

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Maggie

Kings Cross is next door to St Pancreas - just turn right out of the station cross the road and you're there. Just follow the signs, it's pretty straight forward. As regards hotels someone else may be able to help, I guess it depends on your price bracket and how close you want to be to the station. I would start by looking at some of the websites like Expedia or Laterooms or Booking.com for help.

Hope you have a great trip.

Sally

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maggie,

As Mike said it is very easy to get from Kings Cross to St Pancras. I have done it several times and it is well signposted. I can't really give you any tips about a reasonably priced hotel as they all seem to be really expensive. Rae

amy2003
(Member)
'maggie-b' wrote:

Any tips for nervous of North Yorkshire changing from Kings Cross to St Pancras e.g time and how easy? Also hotels near by that aren't an arm and a leg suitable for a single lady who will have no idea where she is!!

Dont stay near King Cross,I stayed at a Premier Inn as I had missed the last train home to York which by the way is earlier than you would expect 8pm on a Saturday so dont get caught out by train times.The hotel cost £161.

You should be ok for finding your way round it it all joined up now.