DouglasL
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

I am booked to go on the Highlights of Tuscany Trip on the 5th September.

I note that the General Information leaflet for Italy recommends getting a mosquito repellent and also a repellent device.

Can anyone, who has been on this trip before, advise how bad or otherwise they are?

Living in Scotland we do have, of course, our famous Midges in the West Coast!

:)

Auntie D
(Member)
'DouglasL' wrote:

I am booked to go on the Highlights of Tuscany Trip on the 5th September.

I note that the General Information leaflet for Italy recommends getting a mosquito repellent and also a repellent device.

Can anyone, who has been on this trip before, advise how bad or otherwise they are?

Living in Scotland we do have, of course, our famous Midges in the West Coast!

:)

Hi Douglas.

I was on the Tuscany trip in May and didn't have any trouble with mosquitoes. Believe me, if they had been around, they would have found me. I was even bitten here at a barbecue, at the weekend, in Cheshire!!!

Denise

:thumbup:

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I went on this holiday in October 2010 and don't remember coming across any mosquitoes. Like Denise, if they'd been around they would have found me.

I think Just You are trying to cover absolutely everywhere in the notes. I suspect the trouble spots would be anywhere marshy but there was only one such area that I remember in Tuscany and that was the walk from the hotel on the coast across to the main town a bit further inland, and I did that on a blazing hot day with only birds and butterflies around.

Have a lovely time - I'm jealous.

Ann

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Douglas

Great tour you have chosen, I did this a few years ago. The hotel is just across from the lake, I did not keep my windows open as if they are around they feast on me...I did NOT get bitten during this holiday.

Cindy

Puer aeternus
(Member)
Hopefully all the mossies will be dead by the time I go in October, they tend to home in on my cause I taste so good! 😛
Bosuncat
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

Hopefully all the mossies will be dead by the time I go in October, they tend to home in on my cause I taste so good! :P

I agree. :thumbup: I've still got the scar from a huge bite I got on the Cilento trip back in May, even though I took and used repellent. Luck of the draw I guess.