cfreadiing
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I’ve just booked Florida – The Sunshine State for 19 September. I would love to hear from anyone else going on this date. I’ve done a few Just You holidays before but always with a friend.

Can’t believe it’s only six weeks away now, I usually book a year in advance.

Cheryl

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Cheryl

I went on the first tour of this trip In May so if I can help with anything just ask... Lots to see and do..you will have fun!!

Cindy

gill54
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cheryl

Good to know you are going I was watching your earlier post because you couldn't decide which one to go on. Glad you've chosen Florida. I will be travelling from South Wales the night before and staying over at Gatwick. I know the flight isn't until 13.20 but I would have to leave really early otherwise.

I'm looking forward to it. The next 6 weeks will pass quickly.

I've done 5 JY's before in fact I've just go back from the Rhine cruise.

All the best

Gill

cfreadiing
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy

Thanks for your reply. Glad you had a good time. I've booked the Fort Lauderdale cruise excursion - this is the only one listed. Can you remember what other optional excursions were available to book when you were over there?

Cheryl

quote='nixon' pid='231534' dateline='1375806582']

Cheryl

I went on the first tour of this trip In May so if I can help with anything just ask... Lots to see and do..you will have fun!!

Cindy

cfreadiing
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gill

Thanks for getting in touch. Really can't wait now I've taken the plunge!

I will be travelling up from Hampshire in the morning so not too far for me.

I've done National Parks and Canyons with JY and California and Hawaii with Travelsphere but not been to Florida before. Especially looking forward to Key West and the Everglades.

Looking forward to meeting you and all the other travellers at the airport. Should be a great holiday.

Cheryl

'gill54' wrote:

Hi Cheryl

Good to know you are going I was watching your earlier post because you couldn't decide which one to go on. Glad you've chosen Florida. I will be travelling from South Wales the night before and staying over at Gatwick. I know the flight isn't until 13.20 but I would have to leave really early otherwise.

I'm looking forward to it. The next 6 weeks will pass quickly.

I've done 5 JY's before in fact I've just go back from the Rhine cruise.

All the best

Gill

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Cheryl

It was pouring with rain when I did the river cruise.....hope tour weather is better....

There were not that many extra excursions as I think our rep was trying to find a few things to put in place for future tours...

Down key west way we went on a paddle steamer that had a musician which was good we had to pay for this it wasn't a silly price, this left from the pier just by the pub where shots from Key Largo was filmed.... We ate at a pub/restraunte close by, and then just bought drinks on boat....we didn't go to far it was really to catch sun down on the water, was worth going on. I went on the conch train in KeybWest but it wasn't that much,

I did go on a jet boat at the beach Orel which was great fun, you paid for this there are also jet skis to hire. Also next door there is a sea life type of thing where you can swim with dolphins which you have too pay entrance and to do that ....

When I went there was not to many hidden extras, and there really isn't to much time for shopping, so most money goes in eating and drinking!!!

Don't forget the tipping everywhere, and also local guides and the manager.... These are all optional of course..but tipping is a way of life in the USA..

Have fun

If I can help just ask....

Cindy

cfreadiing
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Cheryl

It was pouring with rain when I did the river cruise.....hope tour weather is better....

There were not that many extra excursions as I think our rep was trying to find a few things to put in place for future tours...

Down key west way we went on a paddle steamer that had a musician which was good we had to pay for this it wasn't a silly price, this left from the pier just by the pub where shots from Key Largo was filmed.... We ate at a pub/restraunte close by, and then just bought drinks on boat....we didn't go to far it was really to catch sun down on the water, was worth going on. I went on the conch train in KeybWest but it wasn't that much,

I did go on a jet boat at the beach Orel which was great fun, you paid for this there are also jet skis to hire. Also next door there is a sea life type of thing where you can swim with dolphins which you have too pay entrance and to do that ....

When I went there was not to many hidden extras, and there really isn't to much time for shopping, so most money goes in eating and drinking!!!

Don't forget the tipping everywhere, and also local guides and the manager.... These are all optional of course..but tipping is a way of life in the USA..

Have fun

If I can help just ask....

Cindy

Thanks Cindy for all the advice which is really helpful.

Cheryl