JanBeth
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well after months of dithering, I have finally booked my first Just You holiday!! I have booked Spirit of India for 17th February next year. I had considered travelling somewhere a bit nearer for my first holiday but India is a place I have always wanted to visit. I am SO excited!!!!

Regards,

Jan 🙂

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan, that's great news I'm delighted for you. Hope you have a wonderful time! If you are into jewellry you will visit a couple of stores and workshops and also a carpet factory which sells exquisite silk carpets. One of the ladies on my tour bought a ring and a silk carpet!!

All the best,

Bob

lesley07
(Member)
'JanBeth' wrote:

Well after months of dithering, I have finally booked my first Just You holiday!! I have booked Spirit of India for 17th February next year. I had considered travelling somewhere a bit nearer for my first holiday but India is a place I have always wanted to visit. I am SO excited!!!!

Regards,

Jan :)

Hi Jan

Did this trip last year. It was a wonderful experience. Very full on but very enjoyable.

If you want any specific advice please get back to me.

Lesley

SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JanBeth' wrote:

Hi Jan

I did this trip in March last year. It was my first JY holiday too but I had no regrets about going for a "big one" first time as it was absolutely fantastic. Very busy, very full on and certainly an eye opener. It's more than just a holiday it is a terrific and memorable experience!

I'm off to South Africa in September so hope that is as good.

Have a great holiday.

Sue :thumbup:

BarbaraB
(Member)
I've done the India trip and it is wonderful. You will have the most fantastic time if you leave all your expectations behind and just take everything that you experience as you find it.

You visit places that not all tourist trips go to - Varanasi will stay with you forever - and the food is so delicious in most places that a normal curry will never seem the same.

The only thing that I didn't like were all the marketing visits that we made - most are not good value but you can be strong and not be persuaded to buy things you don't want. There is a small jewellery shop near the Ranthambore resort which is better value and some unique stuff.

Have a wonderful time.

Barbara