richhillwo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi fellow solo travelers i am thinking of going on the National Parks, Mount Rushmore and Little Big Horn trip next year i am a tall guy 6.2 and hate being cramped on coaches what are the coaches like on the just you tours are they spacious or cramped i am so nervous about going on this trip alone
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
High there

My husband is 6ft 4 ins and my sons are 6ft 9 and 6ft 5 so I understand your question.

I have done 4 USA tours but not the one your thinking off... And they do vary...and the tour size makes a difference, some have been smaller groups so you end up with a double seat each which is nice and gives more room. The one I have just been on there were 40 of us, so not to much room...

They do work a seating systems to give everyone a chance to be up the front...

I would say it could be a bit tight for you and also depends on HOW much time your on the coach hang not done this one I have no idea....I hope others can help you more.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Would imagine it'll be tight if you are sat two per seat as we were on Route 66 last year (45 people on trip). However I've done other US tours with much fewer numbers and we've been able to get a double seat each. Lot depends on how many are on the holiday.

Which tour are you thinking of doing ?

I'm doing the same holiday on 23rd sept flying from Manchester.

Mick

Sussex Downs
(Member)
I did this tour last year with Travelsphere and had a double seat to myself, so plenty of room, but then I am not 6 foot plus! The coach was the normal touring one (tinted glass, air con and with a toilet) for say 45 passengers.

You will really love this tour as there is so much to see and I really mean that. Because of the number of miles involved, you will be leaving the hotels early some mornings e.g. 7am but each day there is something exciting to see and experience. My favourites were Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and The Arches but then every day was a favourite. See the reviews on this tour. Oliveb was a very good one.

The weather will be hot in some of the parks whenever you go. If you want some idea of the temperatures go on to the US Weather Channel website www.weather.com and enter the destination.

Have a great time

Regards

Malcolm