SallyAT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there,

Anyone on the forum who is booked on the Spirit of India 30th September? I am booked on this trip and having just paid the balance am now getting excited about my first trip with JY.

Will be flying down to Heathrow from Manchester. I have seen a some postings from a couple of members relating to this trip so look forward to making contact and meeting others who are travelling on this holiday.

Sally

MrsB75
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SallyAT' wrote:

Hi there,

Anyone on the forum who is booked on the Spirit of India 30th September? I am booked on this trip and having just paid the balance am now getting excited about my first trip with JY.

Will be flying down to Heathrow from Manchester. I have seen a some postings from a couple of members relating to this trip so look forward to making contact and meeting others who are travelling on this holiday.

Sally

Hi Sally

I am booked on this holiday as well and have started the count down. I've been doing lots of reading and Internet searches looking for tips and hints as part of my preparation.

Looking forward to meeting you on 30th

Sylvia

[

Angela Bingham
(Member)
'MrsB75' wrote:

'SallyAT' wrote:

Hi there,

Sally

Hi Sally

I am booked on this holiday as well and have started the count down. I've been doing lots of reading and Internet searches looking for tips and hints as part of my preparation.

Looking forward to meeting you on 30th

Sylvia

[

Hi Sally and Sylvia

I am also on this trip with my friend Carolyn. Had my jabs today in readiness but was told I don't need to take malaria medication. Also went and had my visa photos taken as "booth" ones are not acceptable for India.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Regards

Ange

SallyAT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Sylvia and Angela,

Good to hear from you both - thanks it is nice to be in contact with others and maybe we can be of help to each other if required.

Waiting for my surgery to ring to let me know how up to date I am with my jabs. Thought I was ok with photo's but just got details through and it appears I will also need new ones. Having a little panic re my Visa form - I did actually live in India for a few years with my parents in the 60's and somehow I have to find information for question 33 unless the information that comes back from the Consular office says otherwise.

Reason for booking this particular holiday is a trip down memory lane - I had promised to do it for many years and at long last it felt right. By all accounts might need another holiday to recover!

Regards

Sally

Angela Bingham
(Member)
'SallyAT' wrote:

Hello Sylvia and Angela,

Good to hear from you both - thanks it is nice to be in contact with others and maybe we can be of help to each other if required.

Waiting for my surgery to ring to let me know how up to date I am with my jabs. Thought I was ok with photo's but just got details through and it appears I will also need new ones. Having a little panic re my Visa form - I did actually live in India for a few years with my parents in the 60's and somehow I have to find information for question 33 unless the information that comes back from the Consular office says otherwise.

Reason for booking this particular holiday is a trip down memory lane - I had promised to do it for many years and at long last it felt right. By all accounts might need another holiday to recover!

Regards

Sally

Hi Sally

That's not easy for you finding info: from when you lived there as so long ago 😞 I have always wanted to go to India and have sponsored Indian children for many years. Holiday does sound very "full on" but I am sure it will be a wonderful experience! Hope to see you at the airport and of course any help I can be to any fellow travellers will be gladly given.

Kind regards

Ange