BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I've just booked this holiday - the date only appeared on the website today so I didn't hang about! This should be a wonderful holiday visiting lush rainforests teeming with wildlife, beautiful beaches, smouldering volcanoes and well preserved colonial architecture - something for everyone! Costa Rica has been a top tourist and wildlife destination for a number of years now, but Nicaragua is only just coming onto the tourist radar - it was voted no.1 emerging tourist destination in the Wanderlust reader awards this year. In March, it will be the dry season so there should be no need for wellies or raincoats! So I do hope this encourages some of you to book this holiday, it should be fantastic!

All the best,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Great news Bob, I hope (when you eventually travel) that you have a wonderful time!

Julia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Julia, and sincere thanks also to the JY product team (esp Will) for putting on the spring date, I very much appreciate it. I'm sure it wasn't just down to me going on (and on) about it, but I'm absolutely delighted as the date suits me perfectly! Now all I need is enough other people to book it, to ensure it goes ahead!

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

So your dream has come true! This destination is on my list, but not sure when I will be able to book it. I am going to wait for my treatment to be over and then decide where I want to go next year. I still want to do the Nile cruise and Kerala if it is still on offer. I am sure there will be enough people who book as this is a very nice destination.

Jaya

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Jaya, I'm very excited as you may have guessed! I'll check with JY in a couple of months to see how bookings are going; hopefully I won't have to start a forum campaign to get bookings up to ensure that it goes ahead, as I'm sure that would be very tiresome for the rest of you!

Cheers,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

I for one would not find it tiresome if you start a forum campaign! I am sure the tour will go ahead. You never know I may decide to join you. I will wait and decide towards the end of the year where I want to go. I have a long list of destinations - just have to make up my mind.

Jaya

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Jaya, hope things continue to go well for you and you are able to go on a lovely holiday next year and really enjoy it!

Take care,

Bob

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

Well Done on your dream holiday! Im excited for you!!

Mark

debbie86
(Member)
Hi Bob,

I may well join you! Costa Rica is top of my list now. Work is secure and fulltime! Why did you pick March for this trip.

Take care Debbie

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Debbie, it would be great if you decided to come along too! I was keen for a spring departurue because it will be the dry season in CR and Nicaragua - there is enough rain at home without having to dodge heavy showers or rainstorms when on holiday! The other departures later in the year will see heavy downpours, I believe usually in the afternoons. The upside of going in the rainy season is that I suppose the countryside would be more lush. But give me clear skies and hopefully some sun any day!

Hope to see you in March!

All the best,

Bob