Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. Am really looking forward to my first trip to Tuscany on 3rd October. I might not go on all the included trips although Florence is a must! :P

I would welcome thoughts from previous travellers on the included trips. I am able to do plenty of normal flat walking. and don't have a problem with inclines (steps or otherwise), it's just coming down steep slopes or steps that I struggle more with as I have to take my time and am always concerned about holding other trip members up. :(

What is the area immediately around the hotel like for shops, small supermarkets etc? Bear in mind that I will be going in early October so I guess quite a few places will be closed?

Finally, the hotel. Get's good reviews for staff friendliness and food which is great. I DO like smaller hotels. I was wondering what the arrangements were at the bar as previous hotels I have been at with Just You had a cash free bar. Am I guessing at this hotel it is pay as you go, including for drinks at the restaurant? Are we allowed to take our own travel kettles for use in the room? I know that some hotels frown on this.

Thanks folks.

sam1111
(Member)
Hi I just got back last week from Tuscany and have some answers to your questions about the hotel ( Hotel il settebello,)

1) The area around the hotel is flat, a lovely fruit shop about 100m away and the supermarket, chemist, cash machine are about a 5-10 minutes walk depending on your pace. Please note that that most shops close fro siesta and the supermarket closes from 1.00pm to 4.30pm

2) the hotel is basic but clean and as it on the main promenade the streets were very noisy Fri and Sat night ... so take some ear plugs! The rooms downstairs have showers which are a little on the small side ( i.e. very small!) I can't comment on the rooms upstairs, some of which have balconies and there is a lift, which was in full working order.

Please note: there are no safes in your room. You can use the hotel's FOC ( they give you an envelope to put your cash etc, give you a receipt and the envelope is then placed in the safe somewhere in the back)

3) Hotel bar - you can pay as you go along or you can put your drinks bill on your room and settle up at the end of your stay by cash or credit card

4) Just You advise not to take travel kettles - I got a jug of hot water from the bar to take to my room for my evening drink of camomile tea. I didn't bother in the morning until I got to breakfast

5) The staff are very friendly and accommodating

6) walking - The pace is very slow on the excursions and no one in our group had trouble keeping up. As for steps you just won't be able to go up the towers. There are some inclines in Sienna but they are only short ones

Hope the above helps and have a lovely holiday!

Hi. Am really looking forward to my first trip to Tuscany on 3rd October. I might not go on all the included trips although Florence is a must! :P

I would welcome thoughts from previous travellers on the included trips. I am able to do plenty of normal flat walking. and don't have a problem with inclines (steps or otherwise), it's just coming down steep slopes or steps that I struggle more with as I have to take my time and am always concerned about holding other trip members up. :(

What is the area immediately around the hotel like for shops, small supermarkets etc? Bear in mind that I will be going in early October so I guess quite a few places will be closed?

Finally, the hotel. Get's good reviews for staff friendliness and food which is great. I DO like smaller hotels. I was wondering what the arrangements were at the bar as previous hotels I have been at with Just You had a cash free bar. Am I guessing at this hotel it is pay as you go, including for drinks at the restaurant? Are we allowed to take our own travel kettles for use in the room? I know that some hotels frown on this.

Thanks folks.

Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sam1111' wrote:

Hi I just got back last week from Tuscany and have some answers to your questions about the hotel ( Hotel il settebello,)

1) The area around the hotel is flat, a lovely fruit shop about 100m away and the supermarket, chemist, cash machine are about a 5-10 minutes walk depending on your pace. Please note that that most shops close fro siesta and the supermarket closes from 1.00pm to 4.30pm

2) the hotel is basic but clean and as it on the main promenade the streets were very noisy Fri and Sat night ... so take some ear plugs! The rooms downstairs have showers which are a little on the small side ( i.e. very small!) I can't comment on the rooms upstairs, some of which have balconies and there is a lift, which was in full working order.

Please note: there are no safes in your room. You can use the hotel's FOC ( they give you an envelope to put your cash etc, give you a receipt and the envelope is then placed in the safe somewhere in the back)

3) Hotel bar - you can pay as you go along or you can put your drinks bill on your room and settle up at the end of your stay by cash or credit card

4) Just You advise not to take travel kettles - I got a jug of hot water from the bar to take to my room for my evening drink of camomile tea. I didn't bother in the morning until I got to breakfast

5) The staff are very friendly and accommodating

6) walking - The pace is very slow on the excursions and no one in our group had trouble keeping up. As for steps you just won't be able to go up the towers. There are some inclines in Sienna but they are only short ones

Hope the above helps and have a lovely holiday!

Thanks folks.

Thank you so much for all the useful info Sam! :thumbup: