DavidG
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have booked for the above holiday which uses three different currencies. Can anyone suggest a suitable amount for each?

David.

christopherjw
(Member)
David - I am travelling on this holiday on 5th June. We have very little time in Prague and Budapest really just a full day in each so apart from cost of drinks and maybe lunch I wouldn't think you would need much. For Vienna depending on whether you are buying gifts again probably don't need much as we are covered for breakfast and dinner. I am keeping amount of actual currency to a minimum and am using the cashcard that Just You advertise which you can also get from Thomas Cook and Post Office. Works as a credit card but you can transfer the funds into either sterling, dollars or euros. I used it last year for America West Coast and saved having loose currency and much safer. When are you travelling?

Chris W

DavidG
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Christopher,

Going 31/7. Just booked JY 10th holiday!

shyanne
(Member)
I went on this holiday last year and took £50 worth each for Prague and Budapest and £100 worth of Euros for Austria. I think I spent about half of my money in Prague on an optional excursion which left me a bit tight but I did have enough as I am not a heavy drinker. Also I seem to recall that at one of the en route lunch stops we could use either of two currencies, also one stop was at a border crossing where any currency was accepted. We had great fun after leaving Prague trying to spend all our loose change at the border crossing, several of us combined forces to buy some chocolate to share and left some change behind on a bench seat as there were no charity boxes in sight!! I had plenty of Euros and brought a few pounds worth home with me which I can use this year.

Hope this helps

Anne

the_baron1
(Member)
Hello David,

Chris is right by recommending you a Cashcard and as stated can be obtained at the Post office. If you google prepaid cashcards there are infact numerous ones on line offering various rates etc. For my JY holiday last year when various different currencies were needed I used a "CAXTON FX World traveller card". You load this card with GBP and when using this card payment made for cash / purchases is done in the local exchange rate for the country you are in. Caxton also offer prepaid cards in Dollars and Euros.

The choice is yours. I had no problems with my Caxton FX card and instructions are easy to follow.

Regards

Eric.