gblady
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Looking to book this trip in either June or September. Which is the best month?

Also I cannot get to Gatwick ealy in the morning to catch this flight, anyone stayed in a nice hotel the night before?

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'gblady' wrote:

Also I cannot get to Gatwick ealy in the morning to catch this flight, anyone stayed in a nice hotel the night before?

Hi

I am not on this trip but I have the same problem. I have booked myself into the Premier Inn Manor Royal for just under £40 in April with no cancellation charges up to 24 hrs before arrival. It gets quite good reviews, and looks as though it has good bus links to the air terminal.

Hope this helps

Sylvia

gblady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
[

I am not on this trip but I have the same problem. I have booked myself into the Premier Inn Manor Royal for just under £40 in April with no cancellation charges up to 24 hrs before arrival. It gets quite good reviews, and looks as though it has good bus links to the air terminal.

Hope this helps

Sylvia

Thx this is a big help. I will contact them. What trip are you going on?

Janet

Janund
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I am going on the cities of Italy trip, in June, and have not yet decided wether I am going to drive to Gatwick in the morning or stay at a hotel overnight. There is a link you can use that has useful information including carparking and hotels at the airports. http://www .justyou.co.uk/customer-support/holiday-handbook/holiday-services/

Hope you will find this useful.

Janet

P.S go in June not so long to wait

deewhite02
(Member)
'gblady' wrote:

Hi I enjoyed this trip in June.It was wonderful to see fields and fields of sunflowers.We did have a heat wave though.

I always book the Travelodge.Only need a bed for the night really and I generally pay £20 ishh. plus dinner and breakfast deal for about £18 extra.

Loooooved the trip Enjoy D

gloriad
(Member)
'gblady' wrote:

I am going on this holiday but hopefully I can arrange a mini cab to Gatwick. I live in boreham wood. I do not know how much hotels cost but I know my friends have stayed overnight. Last just you holiday was to Austria where I met a lovely friend so I hope the same will happen on this holiday. Lets hope we can stay in touch before April.

gblady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Janund' wrote:

Hi

I am going on the cities of Italy trip, in June, and have not yet decided wether I am going to drive to Gatwick in the morning or stay at a hotel overnight. There is a link you can use that has useful information including carparking and hotels at the airports. http://www .justyou.co.uk/customer-support/holiday-handbook/holiday-services/

Janet

Maybe I'll meet up with you. I'm in Poole so coach gets me to Gatwick.

DJtourist
(Member)
Hi

I have done this trip in September and it was very warm and pleasant but not uncomfortable for walking round. I usually stay at the premier inn at the north terminal before my flight as I go down by train. I am staying there this year before my holiday, Just You booked it for me. I have used Holiday Extras in the past. It is a lovely holiday have a great time.

gblady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'deewhite02' wrote:

'gblady' wrote:

Hi I enjoyed this trip in June.It was wonderful to see fields and fields of sunflowers.We did have a heat wave though.

I always book the Travelodge.Only need a bed for the night really and I generally pay £20 ishh. plus dinner and breakfast deal for about £18 extra.

Loooooved the trip Enjoy D

Thx for this. I looked at the Travelodge on Internet and they quote £17 for a single room. Is it OK? That price just seems so cheap. Do they have an airport shuttle?

Jan

Janund
  • (Member)
(Member)
'gblady' wrote:

'Janund' wrote:

Hi

Janet

Have you decided which dates you are going on I am going 20th June, I live about an hour and twenty mins from gatwick, so I am still thinking about driving up in the morning although would mean an early start. I have stayed at travel lodges in the past and they are normally clean and comfortable but basic. As its only for one night it is worth considering and I am sure there will be some sort of bus or shuttle service to the airport.

gblady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I was looking at 6th June. I'll check out the 20th, may see you.

:thumbup:

Have you decided which dates you are going on I am going 20th June, I live about an hour and twenty mins from gatwick, so I am still thinking about driving up in the morning although would mean an early start. I have stayed at travel lodges in the past and they are normally clean and comfortable but basic. As its only for one night it is worth considering and I am sure there will be some sort of bus or shuttle service to the airport.

Rocker0
(Member)
Today i join this community because i read this community more than tow day's now i finally decided to join it i hope i will get most of useful information from here..