Shandrum
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone out there going to Cilento on 21st June? This is my first ever holiday on my own and I am feeling very nervous so would like to hear from anyone booked on this trip or who has been on this trip for some tips?
gblady
  • (Member)
(Member)
It is my first JustYou holiday too but I want to do the classic Italian cities in May or June. Have you already booked?
GinaL
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Shandrum' wrote:

Anyone out there going to Cilento on 21st June? This is my first ever holiday on my own and I am feeling very nervous so would like to hear from anyone booked on this trip or who has been on this trip for some tips?

I went on my first holiday alone last year to the same place. You will love it, so don't worry. The hotel is super with wonderful views, comfortable spacious rooms, delightful pool and marvellous food. The excursions are all interesting and you will soon mingle with other Just You travellers, some of whom will also be first timers. It will be quite hot when you go, so you will need mostly cotton clothing. However the lounge is open plan so, just in case you get cool evenings,packing a wrap or light jacket would be a good idea. The village of San Marco is small and lovely and the people very welcoming, though most don't speak English. There is a really nice bar up one of the streets (below street level near the small supermarket), with an outside patio area which serves drinks snacks and cocktails. Its a great alternative to spending the evening in the hotel, and I am sure some of your group would love to join you. Dont worry, look forward to your holiday with a light heart and open mind, and I am sure you will have a wonderfully memorable time.

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Shandrum' wrote:

Hello there,

I am going on this tour on the 9th June.

Everyone feels apprehensive about taking their first trip on their own. This will be my fourth trip with JY. To put your mind at rest you are well looked after by the tour manager and you will find that most travellers are in the same boat as you. I have kept in touch with several people I have met on these trips. I will give you a report when I am back.

By the way there is a lady who enjoyed this tour so much that she is going again in May. It can't be bad can it?

Having travelling.

Mel

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Mel wrote:

'Shandrum' wrote:

Hello there,

I am going on this tour on the 9th June.

Everyone feels apprehensive about taking their first trip on their own. This will be my fourth trip with JY. To put your mind at rest you are well looked after by the tour manager and you will find that most travellers are in the same boat as you. I have kept in touch with several people I have met on these trips. I will give you a report when I am back.

By the way there is a lady who enjoyed this tour so much that she is going again in May. It can't be bad can it?

Having travelling.

Mel

Yes that's me! The one who is going back in May, and I concur with everything that's been said here!

I didn't know about the bar though! Thanks. 🙂

Shandrum
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'gblady' wrote:

It is my first JustYou holiday too but I want to do the classic Italian cities in May or June. Have you already booked?

Yes I had a mad moment and booked before I could change my mind or get cold feet. Have just paid balance and while still nervour and getting excited.

Have you booked yet?

Shandrum
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'GinaL' wrote:

'Shandrum' wrote:

I went on my first holiday alone last year to the same place. You will love it, so don't worry. The hotel is super with wonderful views, comfortable spacious rooms, delightful pool and marvellous food. The excursions are all interesting and you will soon mingle with other Just You travellers, some of whom will also be first timers. It will be quite hot when you go, so you will need mostly cotton clothing. However the lounge is open plan so, just in case you get cool evenings,packing a wrap or light jacket would be a good idea. The village of San Marco is small and lovely and the people very welcoming, though most don't speak English. There is a really nice bar up one of the streets (below street level near the small supermarket), with an outside patio area which serves drinks snacks and cocktails. Its a great alternative to spending the evening in the hotel, and I am sure some of your group would love to join you. Dont worry, look forward to your holiday with a light heart and open mind, and I am sure you will have a wonderfully memorable time.

Thank you so much for your message. I feel much more confident about this and the tips on clothes are appreciated. Dumb question really but what did you wear for the tours? I am actually getting a little excited and will let you all know how I get on! x

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Shandrum' wrote:

'GinaL' wrote:

'Shandrum' wrote:

Thank you so much for your message. I feel much more confident about this and the tips on clothes are appreciated. Dumb question really but what did you wear for the tours? I am actually getting a little excited and will let you all know how I get on! x

Re the clothes. Comfortable walking shoes are a must! Paestum can be a little rocky in places, and although, sadly JY do not seem to be doing the caves at Pertosa now, the monastery is quite a bit of walking.