Coast
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Has anyone else booked to go on this trip?

From previous years at this time can anyone advise on approx temperatures expected?

Thanks

oliveb
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Coast' wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone else booked to go on this trip?

From previous years at this time can anyone advise on approx temperatures expected?

Thanks

Hi

I'm booked on 20th May. Really looking forward to it. If you scroll through previous threads, you will find some useful information from people who have already done this trip. I'm going planned for any sort of weather - especially at the beginning of the trip. Apparently it can snow in Yellowstone at that time of year! But I'm expecting it to be very warm as we go further down south - Utah, Arizona. I think its going to be a great trip.

Kind regards Olive

Sussex Downs
(Member)
Hello Coast,

Well you are very fortunate to have Dean Saliani as your tour manager. I went on this tour with Travelsphere last May and he was brilliant. Every day you will get details of where you will be visiting that day. And during some of the journeys he will play some DVDs of old episodes of ‘Gunsmoke’ (which can be seen on Sky’s TCM channel) when you are near Deadwood.

The weather will very warm / hot but possibly very cold when you are near Yellowstone as it was for me last year. But then with the snow, Yellowstone was still brilliant, especially walking around the geysers!

In Jackson Hole it was icey. Talking of Jackson Hole, on ITV next Saturday pm (23rd March) in ‘Any Which Way You Can’ the fight scene with Clint Eastwood took place here so you will get a feel of the town, especially the Elk antler arch which is not far from the hotel.A real cowboy town.

You will see more of my comments on this tour on another ‘National Parks Mount Rushmore & Little Big Horn’ site started by oliveb. I think doing the tour this way round, in my opinion the tour just gets better each day!

Don’t forget to take spare memory cards for the camera/ camcorder as you will need them!!

If you want any more information just ask.

Malcolm

LynneE
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Coast, I'm also booked on this tour - first time with JY. Currently deciding whether to book Snake River Float and Las Vegas by Night. Any thoughts?

LynneE