SallyAT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there,

Having scanned the JY Community Forum many times and now registered I think I am ready to take steps to book a holiday with JY. Likewise with many newbies to the Forum there is a great deal of nervousness in booking 'solo' but by all accounts everyone seems to enjoy there holiday.

I am 62 years young and enjoy walking and camping but after a miserable and damp 2012 I feel that I want to do more exciting things and travel again.

Looking maybe at India, China or Vietnam Sept/Oct this year 2013!

Think the climate would be ok at this time for any of these places!

Anyone considering booking these trips?

Next question might sound a bit silly but I live Cheshire so if I booked my departure from Manchester does that mean that I would go via Gatwick/Heathrow or direct to destination.

Well having said hello to all you other single travellers I look forward to any advise which will get me booking something soon.

Cheers

SallyAT

Roveraud
(Member)
Hi Sally,

I have just booked for Vietnam with the add on for June and as I live on the Wirral have asked for connecting flight from Manchester to Heathrow. Some hols can go direct from Manchester as I did Golden West in 2010. Would be nice if you were able to go in June and decided on Vietnam as we could meet up at Manchester Airport.

Audrey

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Sally and welcome

Wow what a selection of choices you have there, I have my 9th JY Tour booked but I have not been on any of these tours I do know the china tour is very popular. I hope you can make tour mind up and get to go away in September..October wherever you go you will see some great sights and have fun along the way.

If there is anything I can help with just ask.

Good luck

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally, I've done the India tour, I'm about to do the Vietnam tour and hope to do the China tour next year! At that time of year I'd say China might be the best weather wise. It looks like a fantastic tour and I'd suggest you do the add-on if possible. India was a great and full-on experience and I'll write a review of the Vietnam tour when I get back!

All the best,

Bob

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done India & China - both were great.

I'm doing the Vietnam with Cambodia add on in September - can't wait.

Not sure about the departure from Manchester - I live in London.

What ever holiday you choose you'll have a fab time.

Anna

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally

I've booked the China trip and add on for 18th September. will be travelling down to Gatwick from Nottingham the day before, probably by National Express, as I have driven home from there after a long haul flight before and its not something I wish to repeat.

It will be my 7th JY trip and I have enjoyed all of them.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally

A warm welcome. Whichever trip you select, you will have a great time. Best to go to India during the winter weather there - best months would be between October - March. Not sure about China or Vietnam but am guessing the weather would be good. You just have to avoid their summers! Perhaps you can look on the internet for the weather information and the best times to travel. Hopefully you will book your first trip soon. I can assure you that once you have travelled with Just You, you will come back for more.

Jaya

brownowl
(Member)
Hi there Sally,

I have booked the Kerala trip in October. I did originally want to fly fom Manchester as I thought it was a direct flight, but realised it was via Heathrow. I therefore booked from Heathrow. Wherever you go you will enjoy it, so go for it. Regards Sheila x

karensymonds
(Member)
I've just booked my first tour with JY to China on the 9th October to include Yangzte River Tour, a bit nervous as first big holiday on my own but took the plunge. Good luck on whichever one you chooose.

Karen

Aylesbury
(Member)
I went to China last March and it was wonderful. I enjoyed it so much that I am off to Vietnam on Wednesday. Best wishes - Babs