oliveb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well - I've booked! Very excited about this one. There must be someone out there who's going on the same one as me - 20th May.

Would love to hear from you and hopefully meet up at Heathrow.

Olive

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm doing this holiday later in the year, have a great trip.

Mick

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

I'm doing this holiday later in the year, have a great trip.

Mick

Will let you know how it goes

Olive

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick, when are you doing this tour? I'm booked for 9th Sept! All the best,

Bob

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

I'm doing the one that departs from Manchester on 23rd Sept, so looks like we'll be following you around.

Mick

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick, pity we're not on the same tour! Hope you have a great time!

Cheers,

Bob

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Mick, pity we're not on the same tour! Hope you have a great time!

Cheers,

Bob

And you too.

Gonna be hectic with 12 different hotels in 15nights, still looks a great trip.

Mick

Alison JM
(Member)
Hello All, I have booked my first JY trip - to be one of a lifetime I hope, for September. Looking forward to meeting all and enjoying what I hope will be a fascinating trip.Any advice or tips would be gratefully received

Best wishes 🙂

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Alison,

Which date are you going ? (Bob is going 9th sept from London and I am on 23rd from Manchester)

These touring holidays are great, you see so much but are very hectic.

Mick

Sussex Downs
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Well - I've booked! Very excited about this one. There must be someone out there who's going on the same one as me - 20th May.

Olive

Hi oliveb, well all I can say is that you WILL enjoy this holiday. I did this tour with Travelsphere last year in May when it started in Las Vegas and finished in Rapid City.

Where to start, ok the weather. It was always very warm and hot, 95F in the Arches NP, but then 4 days later it was freezing and snowing in Yellowstone!

Each day is different even though you are getting up early (coach leaves between 7:30 - 8:30am). I chose this particular tour as it combines Yellowstone and Monument Valley.

Bryce Canyon was a big surprise and was my favourite. The ‘Hoodoos’ reminded me of the Chinese terracotta army. Photos do not do it justice. High altitude here 8100ft! Monument Valley (the jeep tour is a must) and Yellowstone were brilliant. Seeing Buffalo close up (don’t forget you camcorder) walking through the river was a great moment and of course ‘Old Faithful’. The other highlights for me were the boat ride on Lake Powell, Mount Rushmore and Arches (amazing rock formation).

Very impressed with Salt Lake City. I think you will be there on Memorial Day (last Monday in May). Very upmarket city, clean. Deadwood was good ( lots of fruit machines) and includes a visit to the graves of Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane. I have not mentioned Grand Canyon, Zion, Mesa Verde and of course Little Big Horn which were more than memorable.

All the hotels were very clean and spacious.

I am going back to the States in May with Just You for the ‘Texas & New Orleans’ and with Travelsphere in September on the ‘San Francisco to Vancouver’ tour. And if you have Dean Saliani as your tour manager you will be well informed as his knowledge was second to none.

All the very

Malcolm

Gordy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Olive

Hi Olive,Im going on May 20th.Im a senior member and this is my first trip with J/Y.Looking forward to it,very much.Gordon.

DavidH
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Hi Bob,

I'm doing the one that departs from Manchester on 23rd Sept, so looks like we'll be following you around.

Mick

Mick

Nice to see someone else who is supporting flying direct from Manchester, hope to see you on the 23rd for the trip.

Dave

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DavidH' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Hi Bob,

Mick

Mick

Nice to see someone else who is supporting flying direct from Manchester, hope to see you on the 23rd for the trip.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thats at least two of us, lol.

Do you live close to Manchester ?

I'm coming from near York, will come on the train and stay at airport hotel night before.

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dave,

Just noticed you are also doing the Cilento Coast holiday in May, bit of coincidence but I'm also doing that holiday but week before you (28th April). Its a small world.

Mick

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sussex wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Olive

Hi oliveb, well all I can say is that you WILL enjoy this holiday. I did this tour with Travelsphere last year in May when it started in Las Vegas and finished in Rapid City.

Where to start, ok the weather. It was always very warm and hot, 95F in the Arches NP, but then 4 days later it was freezing and snowing in Yellowstone!

Each day is different even though you are getting up early (coach leaves between 7:30 - 8:30am). I chose this particular tour as it combines Yellowstone and Monument Valley.

Bryce Canyon was a big surprise and was my favourite. The ‘Hoodoos’ reminded me of the Chinese terracotta army. Photos do not do it justice. High altitude here 8100ft! Monument Valley (the jeep tour is a must) and Yellowstone were brilliant. Seeing Buffalo close up (don’t forget you camcorder) walking through the river was a great moment and of course ‘Old Faithful’. The other highlights for me were the boat ride on Lake Powell, Mount Rushmore and Arches (amazing rock formation).

Very impressed with Salt Lake City. I think you will be there on Memorial Day (last Monday in May). Very upmarket city, clean. Deadwood was good ( lots of fruit machines) and includes a visit to the graves of Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane. I have not mentioned Grand Canyon, Zion, Mesa Verde and of course Little Big Horn which were more than memorable.

All the hotels were very clean and spacious.

I am going back to the States in May with Just You for the ‘Texas & New Orleans’ and with Travelsphere in September on the ‘San Francisco to Vancouver’ tour. And if you have Dean Saliani as your tour manager you will be well informed as his knowledge was second to none.

All the very

Malcolm

Thanks so much Malcolm. It sounds great. Am really looking forward to it.

Texas & New Orleans is another one I'd like to do. Maybe next year!!

Kind regards

Olive

RayT
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Mick, when are you doing this tour? I'm booked for 9th Sept! All the best,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I've just booked 9th Sept too, so see you there. I've done a similar itinerary about 15 years ago, and the scenery really is 'Awesome' as they say.

Ray.

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Gordy' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Olive

Hi Olive,Im going on May 20th.Im a senior member and this is my first trip with J/Y.Looking forward to it,very much.Gordon.

Hi Gordon. Only just seen your post.

Great to find someone else on this site who's going. Are you travelling from Heathrow? Olive

DavidH
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Dave,

Just noticed you are also doing the Cilento Coast holiday in May, bit of coincidence but I'm also doing that holiday but week before you (28th April). Its a small world.

Mick

Mick

I only live half an hour from the airport (traffic permitting) in South Cheshire. The Cliento Coast is my restful holiday, although having to travel to Gatwick instead of Liverpool as originally advertised is a pain, ah well chance to see my sister who lives in Kent. The NP&LBH, is my activity holiday and another one to cross off my bucket list.

Regards

Dave

Gordy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

'Gordy' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Olive

Hi Gordon. Only just seen your post.

Great to find someone else on this site who's going. Are you travelling from Heathrow? Olive

Hi Olive,Yes i am travelling from Heathrow.I get into Heathrow from Manchester at 12-15.Would you like to meet up ? Gordon.

Sussex Downs
(Member)
If you are a Sky TV subscriber on channel 166 PBS they have had a programme (12 episodes) on the history of the National Parks. They are 75 minutes long but Sky plus it has the advert breaks are 5 mins!!

There is also one about Mount Rushmore. Both programmes have been repeated, so it could be again. The TV schedules are shown in the Daily Mail’s Weekend magazine.

Enjoy the holiday as the sights and views are brilliant.

Malcolm