Lynda L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello

I would love to hear from anyone travelling to India March 2013. This is my first trip to India, but not my first JY holiday. Only five weeks to go !! Also does anyone have any information regarding malaria risk, my surgery does not seem very well informed. Thanks Lynda

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lynda

I Am not on this trip, But it is a place I would love to travel to.

Anyway dont worry to much if you dont hear from anyone via this forum, As not everyone uses this type of site. But I can assure you. You will not be going on your own.

Enjoy Andy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynda, I did this tour March last year. It was very enjoyable but very full on! We had no need for malarone, one or two people took it but the tour manager said there was no risk and I didn't even see a single mosquito, even on the Ganges! I would however suggest you take the Boots Biobalance travel pills or something similar. I didn't and got a bad stomach upset at Jaipur and had after effects for the rest of the tour! Around half of our group were affected. Hopefully the biobalance pills will prevent something similar happening to you. Have a great tour!

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynda

I think you should be okay this time of the year as it is not rainy season in India so the risk of malaria should be very low. It also depends on the areas you are visiting. Perhaps look for information on the Internet though you would think the surgery should be well informed!

Have a lovely time. I am sure you will enjoy the experience.

Jaya

leeC
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Linda

I went to India last November and it was the most amazing holiday.

My surgery advised that Malaria tablets weren't necessary and they have always been excellent, but there's loads of information on line. Hope you have a great time.

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lynda wrote:

Hello

I would love to hear from anyone travelling to India March 2013. This is my first trip to India, but not my first JY holiday. Only five weeks to go !! Also does anyone have any information regarding malaria risk, my surgery does not seem very well informed. Thanks Lynda

Hi Lynda,

I did this trip last February - it is fantastic! You don't need anti-malaria pills, but you do need anti-bacterial gel/wipes, re-hydration salts and imodium. I also went vegetarian for the tour and I was one of the few who did not get Delhi belly!

Have a wonderful time.

Hils

Lynda L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

'Lynda wrote:

Hello

Hi Lynda,

I did this trip last February - it is fantastic! You don't need anti-malaria pills, but you do need anti-bacterial gel/wipes, re-hydration salts and imodium. I also went vegetarian for the tour and I was one of the few who did not get Delhi belly!

Have a wonderful time.

Hils

Lynda L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Lynda

I Am not on this trip, But it is a place I would love to travel to.

Anyway dont worry to much if you dont hear from anyone via this forum, As not everyone uses this type of site. But I can assure you. You will not be going on your own.

Enjoy Andy

thanks Andy for your reply, I'm really looking forward to India

Lynda L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Lynda, I did this tour March last year. It was very enjoyable but very full on! We had no need for malarone, one or two people took it but the tour manager said there was no risk and I didn't even see a single mosquito, even on the Ganges! I would however suggest you take the Boots Biobalance travel pills or something similar. I didn't and got a bad stomach upset at Jaipur and had after effects for the rest of the tour! Around half of our group were affected. Hopefully the biobalance pills will prevent something similar happening to you. Have a great tour!

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for you tip regarding Biobalance I will get some.

Lynda L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hils' wrote:

'Lynda wrote:

Hello

Hi Lynda,

Have a wonderful time.

Hils

Hi Hils

thanks for your reply and info regarding anti malaria pils, my surgery has not been very helpful. I had already thought to be vegetarian for the trip. Lynda