pat534
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
As we are not using the lounge at Heathrow before our trip I was wondering about meeting up at a restaurant at terminal 4.

I am staying at the Premier Inn and am hoping to get through security by around 8.30 so will be looking for breakfast by then. Planning to go to Garfunkels .I will tie the JY blue luggage tag to my handbag and leave it on the table so I can be recognised.Do the same with yours and I will keep an eye out for you.

looking forward to our adventure

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat, I'm coming from the Comfort Hotel so I'll aim for Garfunkels when I'm through security and hopefully meet you there! There is anyother lady staying at the Comfort Hotel too, so I'll hopefully be arriving with her. See you then, can't wait!

All the best,

Bob

Aylesbury
(Member)
Hi - I'll look out for you too. Babs
Patricia Seymore
(Member)
'pat534' wrote:

As we are not using the lounge at Heathrow before our trip I was wondering about meeting up at a restaurant at terminal 4.

I am staying at the Premier Inn and am hoping to get through security by around 8.30 so will be looking for breakfast by then. Planning to go to Garfunkels .I will tie the JY blue luggage tag to my handbag and leave it on the table so I can be recognised.Do the same with yours and I will keep an eye out for you.

Hi Pat,

I am staying at the Comfort Hotel and hopefully will travel to the airport with Bob who is also staying there. I hope to meet you in the morning at Garfunkles. I will also put JY label on my bag.

Patsy

RogertheRed
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Pat, I'm coming from the Comfort Hotel so I'll aim for Garfunkels when I'm through security and hopefully meet you there! There is anyother lady staying at the Comfort Hotel too, so I'll hopefully be arriving with her. See you then, can't wait!

All the best,

Bob

Hi Bob, Please disregard my previous instructions as how to get from the Comfort Hotel to T5, goodness knows where you would end up. Having just done the Vietnam trip the best way is:- H58(Hopper) to T5, enter the terminal and take Heathrow Express for one stop, cross platform and take train to T4. It's free. Total journey time 40 mins so the 7.00am bus should get you to T5 in time.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger, many thanks for your post. I had been thinking about getting a taxi, but that sounds fairly straightforward. Just two questions - why do we have to change trains at T5 i.e. go one stop and cross the platform etc. Is there not a direct train from T5 to T4? Also, did you enjoy the holiday??

Best wishes,

Bob

RogertheRed
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Roger, many thanks for your post. I had been thinking about getting a taxi, but that sounds fairly straightforward. Just two questions - why do we have to change trains at T5 i.e. go one stop and cross the platform etc. Is there not a direct train from T5 to T4? Also, did you enjoy the holiday??

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob, There is no direct connection from T5 to T4. The holiday was absolutely fantastic. Not much sun but very hot in the south and rain only one night. Food was good except in the Banana Leaf in Hoi An and all the hotels excellent. I'm sure you'll enjoy the holiday. Hope your local guide is Laki he was brilliant. Regards, Roger.

the_baron1
(Member)
'pat534' wrote:

Hello Pat,

Just a warning - Keep an eye on your handbag / cabin bag as my tennant was in Heathrow a while back and had his bag stolen whilst having breakfast there. He did not even knew it had gone until about to leave. Luckly someone found it in a toilet and handed it in to sercurity. Although he had a mobile in it, it was not stolen due to its age and not being a modern phone.

Have a trouble free holiday when you go and enjoy.

Eric

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger thanks for the info, might still get a taxi to T4 I'll see how the mood takes me when the time comes!

All the best,

Bob

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
To get between T5 and T4 at Heathrow you can take either bus 482 or 490. Both leave from outside the arrivals hall and take 20 mins (and are free).
pat534
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
thanks Eric and Roger for your tips.I will make sure my handbag is safe and hopefully avoid the Banana Leaf restaurant.

I am staying at Premier Inn the night before with Eileen and Margaret so they may be with me as well.Taxi to terminal will be less hassle than the shuttle so may consider that as well.

Hi Patsy. glad our names are slightly different.

See you soon

Eileen L
(Member)
'pat534' wrote:

thanks Eric and Roger for your tips.I will make sure my handbag is safe and hopefully avoid the Banana Leaf restaurant.

I am staying at Premier Inn the night before with Eileen and Margaret so they may be with me as well.Taxi to terminal will be less hassle than the shuttle so may consider that as well.

See you soon

Hi Pat,

Looking forward to meeting up with Margaret and you on Tuesday evening at the Premier Inn. Saw your comment about getting a taxi on Wednesday morning to Terminal 4 and I am in full agreement with that especially as we will have an early start. Am getting very excited about the holiday and hope there will be no snow at Glasgow on Tuesday morning.

Regards,

Eileen

margaret 51
(Member)
'Eileen wrote:

'pat534' wrote:

See you soon

Hi Pat,

Looking forward to meeting up with Margaret and you on Tuesday evening at the Premier Inn. Saw your comment about getting a taxi on Wednesday morning to Terminal 4 and I am in full agreement with that especially as we will have an early start. Am getting very excited about the holiday and hope there will be no snow at Glasgow on Tuesday morning.

Regards,

Eileen

margaret 51
(Member)
Hi Eileen and Pat

Yes like you I am now getting quite excited about our trip. I think it maybe a good idea to all get a taxi on the morning we leave and yes breakfast at Garfunkels or Costa also and it will be nice to meet up with some of the others before the flight. Shall lookout for the Just You tags at the Premier Inn when we meet up for dinner . See you all soon, regards Margaret.