BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi to all on this tour, I've put up a post for this tour on the Tour Managers forum tab, so if you're interested have a look there for my comments. VERY disppointed that the KL city tour has been cancelled, anyone interested in doing our own thing during the lengthy stopover on the way home? This just applies to those who are doing the Cambodia add-on, not the main tour only. See what you think!

All the best,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

Was has the city tour been cancelled then?

Cindy

Worldtraveller
(Member)
Bob,

I was on the Vietnam Cambodia trip last Sep which had the KL trip cancelled. You should know that it can take over 2 hours to get out of KL airport control then an hour into KL so doesn't leave you much time. My son met me in KL and we decided not to go to KL as it was going to be 3 hours through control, queueing. We went for a lovely meal and a stroll round the airport then cream cakes and coffee so I really enjoyed it. We met the rest of the group who had been standing in the queue for 2 hours before giving up. You can be lucky and get through quickly but be warned. Tricia

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I think sometimes it is best to spend the time at the airport instead of having to rush and then worrying about whether or not you will get back in time for your flight. I know it is quite boring spending hours at the airport, but people watching can be fascinating!

Jaya

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Tricia, thanks for the info, I suppose all we can do is decide on the day if we get through quickly whether it's worth taking a trip into the city centre or not. Hi Cindy, it was cancelled because of bad reports from previous travellers - as Tricia says it seems that the chaos at KL airport messes things up so there's not enough time for a proper tour. I thought seeing as our stopover is for eight hours this would leave us with loads of time, but perhaps not??? They should really get their acts together, other major airports can deal with transit and immigration issues without it taking hours!

All the best,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

To be honest if you are going to be pushing it and end up stressing yourself out about getting back in time it's not worth the hassle, I had a vast amount of time on a JY tour once at one airport from one plane to another, try and loose yourself on the laptop iPad iPod etc, or perhaps get your head down for an hour, if that all fails then EAT..LOL time does pass albeit slowly.

Cindy

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm doing this trip in September and also disapointed the KL tour has been cancelled.

Hope the time between flights doesn't drag

Anna

pat534
  • (Member)
(Member)
I was looking forward to the trip as well but would not have liked a rushed visit to KL.

Hopefully there will be a good restaurant at the airport and we can while away some time over a meal.

I am going to bring some cards so we can play some games. i always carry them as I like to play solitaire to pass the time.

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, thanks for the replies. You're all probably right and hopefully a bunch of us will go for a nice long leisurely meal to help pass some of the time! Tricia, do you remember where you ate at the airport by any chance?

Final documents finally arrived today, not long to go now - fingers crossed all goes smoothly!

All the best,

Bob