SusieB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Taken the plunge and booked the South Africa trip for Sept 30th. Yippee! Would just like to mention how very helpful and friendly the guy who dealt with my booking was. He readily answered a couple of questions I had and then, because he had been to SA himself was really enthusiastic in telling me about some of the places we will be going to. I ended the call feeling quite excited about it all even though it's 8 months away.

Would love to hear from anyone else going on this trip.

Sue :thumbup:

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue, good for you - I did this tour in Sept 2011 with the Zambia add-on and it was my best holiday ever! You will love the fantastic scenery, amazing safaris and great food! If you haven't booked the add-on, I'd advise you to rebook if you are able to as it was incredible, the biggest highlight in a holiday full of highlights!

Take care,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susie

I am not on this trip, but have there are very good reviews on the forum from people who have been. This is on my long list of destinations to visit in the future.

I am sure you are going to have a fantastic time.

Jaya

Worldtraveller
(Member)
'SusieB' wrote:

Taken the plunge and booked the South Africa trip for Sept 30th. Yippee! Would just like to mention how very helpful and friendly the guy who dealt with my booking was. He readily answered a couple of questions I had and then, because he had been to SA himself was really enthusiastic in telling me about some of the places we will be going to. I ended the call feeling quite excited about it all even though it's 8 months away.

Would love to hear from anyone else going on this trip.

Sue :thumbup:

I am booked on this trip with the add on so look forward to meeting you. I have done 2 JY trips Cuba and Vietnam and Cambodia both brilliant. I am sure the time will soon pass. I am flying down from Manchester in the afternoon anyone else on the flght.?

Tricia

SusieB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI Bob

Thanks for your reply and info. Yes I have booked the Zambia add on and all the trips, having gone that far it seems worthwhile to try and do it all doesn't it. I was on the Spirit of India tour same time as you last March and that has given me a real taste for "far away travel". Hope you enjoy your next holiday too :cool:.

Sue

SusieB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Tricia good to hear from you. My first JY trip was India last year and that was fantastic. I live in Kent so am not too far from Heathrow so look forward to seeing you there.

Sue

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi again Sue, which Sue were you?? I seem to remember there were four Susans on that tour!

All the best,

Bob

orphelia
(Member)
Hi Susie

It is lovely to hear from someone who is also going on the same trip, so at least I can look out for you. I have been on Travelsphere holidays before with my partner but he sadly died so this will be my first solo trip. I decided to just dive in as I have been looking at the forums and there is nothing but positive feedback, so all very exciting and scary at the same time. Look forward to meeting you

Sue

SusieB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue

It's nice to hear from you, and another Sue. There were 4 Sues on my India trip last year as well! My husband died a few years ago and I've done a few holidays by myself since but India was the biggest and my first with JY. Without doubt it is the best solo holiday I have had and I came back adamant that I would go with them again. I'm really looking forward to South Africa there seems to be so much to see and do and, as you say, the forum feedbacks are very encouraging. Look forward to seeing you.

Sue

SusieB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob, yes there were quite a few Sues on that trip weren't there. Difficult to describe myself, I'm from Kent, had the same surname as Annette so that caused confusion for Barbara sometimes and I slipped and hurt my foot near the Taj so was limping a bit for several days. We did sit together on the coach one day. I enjoyed a drink but then most of us did didn't we! Thats all I can think of for now.

Best wishes Sue (one of them!)