Rach01
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I've been looking at JY holidays for over a year and have felt really tempted but so nervous about venturing on something on my own and how I would get on with it! Of all the single holiday sites this looks by far the best and I am now ready to take the plunge and for the second year am seriously considering Croatia as my choice.

What is the age group going here, or is there somewhere better for my first time! So many questions!!!!

Maybe someone can put my mind at rest and Ill just get on and book it?!

Thanks

Rach

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Rach

Welcome to you...I have my 9th JY tour booked,so if there is anything I can help with just ask. I have not done the tour you are looking at and I hope someone that has can answer about that tour.

I would say definatley pick a tour that really appeals to you and then just BOOK IT.. I am sure you will have fun with like minded people. If you have a particular date in mind ring the office or out a message in the editors board and Ben!!!! Should reply with age range and male female ratio.

I wish you well.

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rach, welcome to JY and I hope you book a holiday soon! I think Croatia would be a lovely destination for your first holiday - I did Andalucia as my first JY taster and had a great time. Since then I've done America's Golden West, South Africa/Zambia (amazing, best holiday ever!), India, South America (with the parent company Travelsphere) and I'm about to head off to Vietnam and Cambodia! The age range varies from holiday to holiday obviously but the ages on any holiday could range from early twenties to mid eighties, with most folks being in their 60s. See the Share your travel tips section for more info.

All the best,

Bob

dipping my toes in
(Member)
'Rach01' wrote:

Hi

I've been looking at JY holidays for over a year and have felt really tempted but so nervous about venturing on something on my own and how I would get on with it! Of all the single holiday sites this looks by far the best and I am now ready to take the plunge and for the second year am seriously considering Croatia as my choice.

What is the age group going here, or is there somewhere better for my first time! So many questions!!!!

Maybe someone can put my mind at rest and Ill just get on and book it?!

Thanks

Rach

Hi Rach, me too! Not only been looking at JY holidays for quite a while, not only nervous about venturing on my own, but I also am tempted by one of the Croatia holidays! And of course I too would like to know the age group before I take the plunge.

To get the ball rolling, I'm female going solo in my early 60s, reasonably active. I like the idea of spending a holiday with other solo travellers, having been a little uncomfortable as the only singleton on an otherwise great holiday last summer.

Is Just You going to be the answer to my dilemma?

-Dipping My Toes In :cool:

richardc
(Member)
Hello Rach

I can't put your mind at rest, because I am in the same boat as you! I have recently booked my first holiday, and I decided on Croatia (Istrian Coast) because firstly it had good reviews on this forum, and secondly I have never been there. No idea what the age range is ( I am 56), but hopefully it will be a good mix of friendly folk from all over the shop. I am a bit nervous too, but many people here have said how quickly people settle in, so I decided to take the plunge.

Good luck if you decide to book.

Richard

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rach

Just You is the right place for you to take the plunge. Don't worry about the age range - age is just a number. I have been on 4 Just You holidays where fellow travellers have been between the ages early 20s to 80s and I have had no problem at all. By the way I will be 57 in July. You will meet many interesting people and have a great time. Just pick a destination you always wanted to visit and book it. I assure you that you will have no regrets at all and will want to book another holiday once you are back.

Richard, no need to be nervous. You will have a fantastic time. I have not been to Croatia yet, but have heard it is a nice destination to visit/

Jaya

Shaz5
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rach,

I'm a first timer looking at Croatia too. Which tour was you thinking of going on? I still can't decide. They both look exciting! I'm 30 but everyone seems to be so friendly and positive on the forums that I'm much less nervous than I was.