Freebyrd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just booked Texas and New Orleans, 13 Sept. from Heathrow. Any other takers? Second time with Just You and looking forward to the trip.
Figleaf
(Member)
'Freebyrd' wrote:

Just booked Texas and New Orleans, 13 Sept. from Heathrow. Any other takers? Second time with Just You and looking forward to the trip.

Having thoughts about booking the mid-October date. Has anyone else booked this date yet? Friend of mine is emigrating to Texas next month to be with family, so will be able to see their new location. Have been told Space Centre at Houston is a trip not to be missed.If I go it will be my third holiday with Just You.

LAS43
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I can't decide whether to book this for the May trip or the September trip. Just need to work out my finances as I really want to have a good holiday this year but don't think I can last out till September!
Sussex Downs
(Member)
Hi everyone who is doing this tour. I chose the May 17th tour because the September dates are in the middle of their hurricane season!!

Have been to Dallas/Fort Worth before on business and the temperatures were fine in May.Looking forward going back to the 'sixth floor', brings back memories of that friday night in November 1963.

LAS43
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sussex wrote:

Hi everyone who is doing this tour. I chose the May 17th tour because the September dates are in the middle of their hurricane season!!

Have been to Dallas/Fort Worth before on business and the temperatures were fine in May.Looking forward going back to the 'sixth floor', brings back memories of that friday night in November 1963.

Thanks for that, I think you've just helped me make up my mind to book for May! I've been to Dallas before and been to the 'sixth floor' but not to any of the other places on the tour.

patricebry
(Member)
Hi, I went on this trip on Sept 23 last year and had a wonderful time. My favourites were Forth Worth (cowboys and cattle! San Antonio (the alamo, sailing on and eating by the river, and the ranch!) and of course New Orleans, (all that jazz and the dinner cruise on the Natchez.

I have to say it did rain in Fort Worth and Austin but beautiful everywhere else - very hot in New Orleans.

Have a lovely holiday!

Regards, Pat

Sussex Downs
(Member)
Just paid up for the tour in May. So it's all go go go!

Who else is going in May?

Getting ready for the big steak meals in Dallas!

LAS43
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sussex wrote:

Just paid up for the tour in May. So it's all go go go!

Who else is going in May?

Getting ready for the big steak meals in Dallas!

I'm just waiting to get my leave approved at work and then I'll be booking 🙂

LAS43
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm all booked on this. When I phoned them they told me I'm the 13th person to book with a good mix of ages ranging from 40s to 70s so a wonderful variety of people as travelling companions 🙂
Sussex Downs
(Member)
Hi fellow travellers,especially those of you going in May.

If you have Sky TV, wednesday (27 Feb) on channel 166 PBS at 9pm, there is a programme 'Remember the Alamo' which should be of some interest. If you Sky plus it you then can ignore the advert breaks!! PBS has a number of interesting documentaries about the US. Programme details in Daily Mail.

LAS43
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sussex wrote:

Hi fellow travellers,especially those of you going in May.

If you have Sky TV, wednesday (27 Feb) on channel 166 PBS at 9pm, there is a programme 'Remember the Alamo' which should be of some interest. If you Sky plus it you then can ignore the advert breaks!! PBS has a number of interesting documentaries about the US. Programme details in Daily Mail.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll set the recorder 🙂

mlesleyk
(Member)
'Freebyrd' wrote:

i did it last year, first JY trip, and it was brilliant!

Guitarlady
(Member)
Anyone going on the 27th Sept this year 2013 ?