Ruth Abram
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
😃 Hi, I am going on this trip on 15th April and would like to contact any fellow travellers. I am confused about the optional trips as I have been told that I cannot pre-book a Vegas show but can book the San Francisco helicopter. I have just read other people's entries which indicate the opposite. I wonder if it has something to do with dates. Look forward to hearing from anyone who can explain and anyone also going on 15th April. Ruth
stu151
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ruth

Can I suggest you repost this under "Ask the editor", that way Ben (the board editor), will see it and (hopefully) answer your query.

I know he does keep an eye out for questions elsewhere, but he's a busy lad (at least that's what he's tells everyone), and may miss it.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Stuart

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ruth,

I am going on this trip in April, first time with JY. Looking forward to going. I would say if you wish to book a Las Vegas show, ring JY who I am sure will answer your question, I am just as confused as to why it has been missed off the list.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
If I remembar correctly (did this hol 3 years ago) we booked with the tour manager during the holiday. So need to allow for it when getting your dollars.
Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, Thanks Mick, confusion solved, Looking forward to this trip, If I enjoy being with JY I intend to do more trips at a later date.
Ruth Abram
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rosie9' wrote:

Hi Ruth,

I am going on this trip in April, first time with JY. Looking forward to going. I would say if you wish to book a Las Vegas show, ring JY who I am sure will answer your question, I am just as confused as to why it has been missed off the list.

Hi Rosie,

My travel agent rang JY and they said it wasn't possible to pre-book. I have been with JY a few times, some booked direct and others through the travel agent. Perhaps I had better ring them myself. I have always had a very good time with JY. Are you going on the 15th too?

Ruth

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ruth, I am going on the 15th April, looking forward to the trip. Reading throuigh the forums, I think we wait until we arrive before we can book the Las vegas show. There is so much to see in Vegas, so I don,t know yet about that one,
Ruth Abram
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rosie9' wrote:

Hi Ruth, I am going on the 15th April, looking forward to the trip. Reading throuigh the forums, I think we wait until we arrive before we can book the Las vegas show. There is so much to see in Vegas, so I don,t know yet about that one,

Hi Rosie, There seems to be some confusion about this but I think you are right. It's not something to do on your own so it would be best to leave till we are there. Where will you be travelling from?

breadcrumb
(Member)
Hi Ruth,

Im going on the 15th too :thumbup:Im Sharon,I be 39 on this trip.

It be my 13th trip with Just You.

Im planning to book the excusions on the trip itself,the only one I know I wont be doing is the one for Universal Studios,as it dont appeal.

Sharon.x

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ruth,

I am going on the 15th April also, I am flying from Manchester to Heathrow. Not sure if I should book optional excursions before the holiday or wait until on the holiday as still undecided which trips I would like to do,if any as sometimes it is nice just to explore. What is your usual take on this, as you seems to have been on JY holidays before. Regards Rosina

ceetee
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All

I'm going on this trip on 15th April and I think I'm going to take the 'wait and see' approach to the excursions to give myself flexibility when I'm there in case I fancy doing some exploring on my own or with others. Also, some of the trips are weather-dependent so I wouldn't want to pre-book and be looking forward to it only to have my hopes dashed on the day.

Having said that, I will definitely do one of the Grand Canyon trips but not sure which one yet - I would hope to get advice from our Tour Manager when I get there.

Caroline

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline,

This seems like a good idea to me, Looking forward to meeting you on the trip.

Rosina

NICHOLAS HEATH
(Member)
Hi everybody. I'm Nick aged 44 from South Wales. This will be my first Just You holiday and can't wait! Really looking forward to the West Coast trip on 15 April. Have booked a few trips already with Just You. Nothing really takes my fancy though as an evening show on the dates when we're in Vegas, think the big names are away. Perhaps others can recommend a show. Have been advised to book Alcatraz independently before I go. Noticed there's a few already booked for this trip. Surely I can't be the only guy on it :thumbup: Come and say hi to me!
Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nick,

Just to say Hello, my first time with JY looking forward to this as my first time in US also.

You may not be the only guy, as not everyone uses the forum.

Best wishes

Rosina

Ruth Abram
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rosie9' wrote:

Hi Ruth,

I am going on the 15th April also, I am flying from Manchester to Heathrow. Not sure if I should book optional excursions before the holiday or wait until on the holiday as still undecided which trips I would like to do,if any as sometimes it is nice just to explore. What is your usual take on this, as you seems to have been on JY holidays before. Regards Rosina

Hi Rosina,

The other JY hols I have been on have all been very well organised. On this one I wanted to book as much before as possible. I think I will do the helicopter at the Grand Canyon and perhaps the one in San Francisco. The Las Vegas show is a bit of a puzzle. I would very much like to do the Cirque du Soleil. Might be best to leave this till we get there. I wish I was coming down on a flight from Manchester but when I booked, the cost was quite prohibitive. They found me a good deal on the train and overnight hotel. Not really looking forward to the train bit, especially coming back with jet lag but I'm very excited about the rest of the trip. It's a good idea to put your JY labels on hand luggage so we can spot eachother at the airport.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ruth