mosaic
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
just booked 🙂 any comments from people who have been on this trip and also would like to hear from anyone booked on this date. Thanks
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I went on this tour 2 years ago, it's a very nice not to hectic tour with lots to see and do. Not far from the hotel is a nice little town for you to top up with drinks and snacks as these can be very expensive at the tourist attractions, and a good place to have a drink and watch the world go by.

The ice cream is to die for, so make sure you have one of those at every opportunity.

Hotel is fine, staff are very helpful, the room I had at the front of the hotel , was the smallest room I have ever had on a JY tour I have my 9th booked but at the end of the day it's to sleep in.

When I went the bar worked on the basis of running up a tab and saying at the end, it's a VERY small bar, but there is a large seating area, running up a tab worked for me, also put the odd snack on it as we'll.

If there is anything I can help with just ask.

Have Fun

Cindy

RaeRevlon
(Member)
'mosaic' wrote:

just booked 🙂 any comments from people who have been on this trip and also would like to hear from anyone booked on this date. Thanks

Hi Mosaic - it's not long to go before we all converge on the beautiful Tuscan landscape. I, too am booked on this trip and am really looking forward to going and immersing myself in the culture, food and people.

Will you be flying from Gatwick too?

Rae

RaeRevlon
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Hello

I went on this tour 2 years ago, it's a very nice not to hectic tour with lots to see and do. Not far from the hotel is a nice little town for you to top up with drinks and snacks as these can be very expensive at the tourist attractions, and a good place to have a drink and watch the world go by.

The ice cream is to die for, so make sure you have one of those at every opportunity.

Hotel is fine, staff are very helpful, the room I had at the front of the hotel , was the smallest room I have ever had on a JY tour I have my 9th booked but at the end of the day it's to sleep in.

When I went the bar worked on the basis of running up a tab and saying at the end, it's a VERY small bar, but there is a large seating area, running up a tab worked for me, also put the odd snack on it as we'll.

If there is anything I can help with just ask.

Have Fun

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Just a quick question regarding the hotel - does each room have an ensuite bathroom or is there a communal one? And are towels provided?

Thanks in advance.

Rae

sam1111
(Member)
Hi, I posted this a few weeks ago in answer to another persons questions

I just got back last week from Tuscany and have some answers to your questions about the hotel ( Hotel il settebello,)

1) The area around the hotel is flat, a lovely fruit shop about 100m away and the supermarket, chemist, cash machine are about a 5-10 minutes walk depending on your pace. Please note that that most shops close fro siesta and the supermarket closes from 1.00pm to 4.30pm

2) the hotel is basic but clean and as it on the main promenade the streets were very noisy Fri and Sat night ... so take some ear plugs! The rooms downstairs have showers which are a little on the small side ( i.e. very small!) I can't comment on the rooms upstairs, some of which have balconies and there is a lift, which was in full working order.

Please note: there are no safes in your room. You can use the hotel's FOC ( they give you an envelope to put your cash etc, give you a receipt and the envelope is then placed in the safe somewhere in the back)

3) Hotel bar - you can pay as you go along or you can put your drinks bill on your room and settle up at the end of your stay by cash or credit card

4) Just You advise not to take travel kettles - I got a jug of hot water from the bar to take to my room for my evening drink of camomile tea. I didn't bother in the morning until I got to breakfast

5) The staff are very friendly and accommodating

6) walking - The pace is very slow on the excursions and no one in our group had trouble keeping up. As for steps you just won't be able to go up the towers. There are some inclines in Sienna but they are only short ones

Rae -no communal showers and yes towels are provided

Hope the above helps and have a lovely holiday!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am definitely not into shower sharing!!!...so no each room has there own bathroom facility's, and Yes towels are provided, if your going on the beach I would take your own beach towel....

Have fun

Cindy

RaeRevlon
(Member)
Thank you so much for all your insights.

I have started a list of things to bring/buy and it just occurred to me. You guys are awesome, cheers.

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Have a lovely time, Rae. I did this holiday in 2010 and thorough enjoyed it - do go to Lucca if you can (it's an optional excursion) as it's a gorgeous little place and you can walk right round the city wall in no time. As to the sharing of bathrooms or showers, I don't think any of Just You's holidays have this (except perhaps for part of the safari holidays when you are out in the wilds) and that is one of the joys of Just You - a room and facilities all to yourself!

Ann

mosaic
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'RaeRevlon' wrote:

'mosaic' wrote:

Hi Mosaic - it's not long to go before we all converge on the beautiful Tuscan landscape. I, too am booked on this trip and am really looking forward to going and immersing myself in the culture, food and people.

Will you be flying from Gatwick too?

Rae

Hi Rae yes i am flying from Gatwick. Not got the hang of this messaging yet 🙂

mosaic
(Member) (Topic Starter)
does il settebello hotel on the tuscan holiday provide hairdryers in the room?

thx

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mosaic

yes they do mine was in the dressing table drawer...

Cindy

sam1111
(Member)
yes, hair dryers in all rooms