p110757
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I am def considering booking the above holiday and seen some of the great reviews by fellow travellers.

Thinking of maybe begin or mid September but not sure when exactly best to see the colours unless it is all September etc.

Can anyone advise and any other fellow JY travellers who booked on this trip for this year?

My first solo holiday so need assurance and guidance.

Thanks Pauline

Dream chaser
(Member)
Hi Pauline, I have just booked for this trip but on looking at other posts have decided in the June trip.

Clive

Dream chaser
(Member)
Hi Pauline, I have just booked this trip but for June as I have looked at other peoples posts and it seems a good time to go.

Clive

carolineelisetaylor
(Member)
'Dream wrote:

Hi Pauline, I have just booked this trip but for June as I have looked at other peoples posts and it seems a good time to go.

Clive

Hi are you the Clive I met on the Rockies and vancouver trip last may. If so have a lovely time

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'p110757' wrote:

Hi

I am def considering booking the above holiday and seen some of the great reviews by fellow travellers.

Thinking of maybe begin or mid September but not sure when exactly best to see the colours unless it is all September etc.

Can anyone advise and any other fellow JY travellers who booked on this trip for this year?

My first solo holiday so need assurance and guidance.

Thanks Pauline

Hello Pauline,

Did this tour with Travelsphere last year. We went on 19 September and the leaves were just beginning to turn then, but te colours we saw were lovely. I understand from someone who has been to New England, that the later you go, the more tourists there are, so it's a bit of a balancing act!

All the best,

Ann

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I went on this tour in 2006 my 1sy JY tour...I to went in September and the colours were just changing then..it all depends on the weather they have had during the last year as to when then leaves change colour, so you can NEVER be gaurenteed that you will see the colours change, although I think my tour was slightly different to the one now on offer its. A great tour.

Cindy

stu151
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline

In my experience the colours start to change from early September onwards, BUT it 100% depends on the weather over the past 12 months, and the autumn weather itself.

From mid Sept onwards, usually the colours change more each day, but holiday prices go up, and you get more and more visitors.

At some point the colours will be at their best, then there will be a storm, it will be windy, and within a day or so it's all gone. So the later you go, potentially the better the colours, but the higher the risk is of missing most of it !

Stuart

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have actually been to New England before and used to live in Canada. I have chosen to go in September this time because it won't be as cool as later on in the year although the leaves will only just be turning. They may be a bit further ahead in Canada though as we used to find temperatures changed there up or down 20 degrees within a fortnight!! I am hoping for warm days and then expect the evenings to be chilly.

I am really looking forward to seeing places that I haven't been to before.......old Quebec City is supposed to be lovely. The falls at Niagara are stunning and can't be missed but Niagara itself is a real dump.

Hope this helps.

Jools