chrischina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I am trying to pluck up courage to travel to China next year with JY. I have never travelled alone or with a singles holiday so thought if I am going to do it I will choose a holiday from my bucket list!!!

I am 61 and reasonably fit. Would I be too old? Is the holiday really tiring? Would I fit in? Anyone else thinking of going next year? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Chris

gblady
  • (Member)
(Member)
So glad to see this, I too want to visit China in spring 2013, I too am in my 60's and this would be my first trip on JustYou.

Please let me know if you have booked anything yet. I live in Poole.

gblady
  • (Member)
(Member)
'chrischina' wrote:

Hi

I am trying to pluck up courage to travel to China next year with JY. I have never travelled alone or with a singles holiday so thought if I am going to do it I will choose a holiday from my bucket list!!!

I am 61 and reasonably fit. Would I be too old? Is the holiday really tiring? Would I fit in? Anyone else thinking of going next year? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Chris

chrischina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

So pleased to hear someone is in the same boat as me! Not plucked up the courage to book yet but looking into jabs needed etc. I live in East Yorkshire. Keep in touch & let me know if you book - it might spare me on

Best wishes

Chris

maggie d
(Member)
glad to hear of your plans. i had my 1st jy holiday at the age of 70

people in their 80s also in group. go ahead! no dress rehearsals in this life!! have had several jy holidays. off to china next week. looking

forward to the experience.

maggie d

chrischina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'maggie wrote:

glad to hear of your plans. i had my 1st jy holiday at the age of 70

people in their 80s also in group. go ahead! no dress rehearsals in this life!! have had several jy holidays. off to china next week. looking

forward to the experience.

maggie d

Thanks Maggie

Will you let me know how you get on in China. What jabs do you need?

Have a great time. I am excited for you!

Chris

PatriciaAnn2
(Member)
Hi Chris, I've just returned from China (Wonders of China) and it was great. My first holiday alone and I had worried unnecessarily - everyone was very friendly and mixed well from first meeting up in the airport lounge, and JY take good care of you. A wide spread of ages which made the holiday even more interesting. My trip included the Yangtze add-on - a welcome change of pace from the earlier sightseeing-packed days. I booked a cabin upgrade which was worth every penny (free laundry, refreshments, choice of dining rooms etc.). By the end of the holiday we were quite familiar with the inside of Chinese airports as there was a lot of travelling via Beijing, but I see JY have a new holiday in the 2013 brochure called Inspirational China which looks just as interesting with less internal travelling as it starts in Beijing and finishes in Shanghai. Had it been available this year it would have been my preference. My 71st birthday fast approaches and I'm scouring through the brochure and trying to decide which JY holiday to do next. Go for it Chris, and happy travelling. Pat
skippy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Memories of China 2011

Ager range was 20 to 72

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL368729D215CF7264

Pauline71
(Member)
Hi Chris,

I have been reading this forum for over a year now, and have been waiting for the China holidays to be available for next year. I am planning to book for May 2013 with the Yangtze add-on. I live in West Yorkshire and this will be my first holiday on my own.

Best wishes

Pauline

chrischina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Lovely to hear from you. Perhaps we will meet in May! Let me know if you book and it will spur me on to do the same.

Chris

chrischina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pat

Many thanks for the advice and information. The tour sounds great. Hope to book for April/May 2013.

Chris

chrischina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Many thanks for the link to your videos - looks amazing. Now all I need is the courage to book!!!

Best wishes

Chris

skippy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Go for it Chris, you will not regret it

I have been on China and South Africa with JY so far and have just booked Vietnam

Always a great experience and found many friends who I keep in touch with

PaulineD
(Member)
Hi,

I've just booked Inspirational China flying out on May 22nd 2013. Is anyone else out there going on this trip too?

Pauline71
(Member)
Hello everyone,

Well I have just gone and booked China and the Yangtze add on for May 22nd 2013 having dithered about doing it since the new brochure came out!

Over the last year I have read so many posts about the China trip which really increased my determination to go. The encouragement and really useful information and the friendliness of everyone on here has made up my mind so I can't wait to get going!

Looking forward to meeting everyone in May.

Pauline