SueGH
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

This will be my first JY holiday. I am going from Manchester on 20th Sept and wondered if anyone else was joining the trip there, and if there is a rep at the airport to meet us. I look forward to meeting our fellow travelers. Not long now

Sue

Elst
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

I have booked this one too. Unfortunately, not until Oct 18th though.

This will also be my first trip with JY, so will look forward to any feedback you may have on your return.

I hope you have a great time.

Freddie

SueGH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Freddie

Thanks for your reply, yes it is unfortunate that we are on different trip, Ben tells me 11 people are going from Manchester so that reassuring, and there is a JY rep at the airport. Exciting. Im booked on all the trips, so I will leave feedback on my return

Sue

trishaw
(Member)
Hi Sue

I'm also going to Tuscany from Manchester on 20th Sept. This is my second time with JY - I went to Lake Como last year about the same time. I did not meet a rep at Manchester.

Pat]

trishaw
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I'm also going to Tuscany from Manchester on 20th Sept. This is my 2nd time with JY - I went to Lake Como same time last year. I did not meet a rep at Manchester Airport then.

Pat

ChrissyB
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I am on the Highlights of Tuscany tour, flying from Manchester on 20th September. It's also my first JY holiday so slightly nervous, but really looking forward to it. JY certainly comes highly recommended, so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

See you on the 20th.

Chrissy

SueGH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pat,

Thank you for you reply,

Ben said there will be a rep, so hopefully they will be able to introduce some of the group.

I look forward to meeting you and hearing all about your Lake Como trip. I have been to Italy a number of times but never been to the lakes, See you soon

Sue

SueGH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ChrissyB' wrote:

Hi Sue,

I am on the Highlights of Tuscany tour, flying from Manchester on 20th September. It's also my first JY holiday so slightly nervous, but really looking forward to it. JY certainly comes highly recommended, so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

See you on the 20th.

Chrissy

SueGH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Chrissy

Im a little nervous too, but its great putting names to fellow travellers, Not long now.

Sue

MarionS
(Member)
'SueGH' wrote:

Hi

This will be my first JY holiday. I am going from Manchester on 20th Sept and wondered if anyone else was joining the trip there, and if there is a rep at the airport to meet us. I look forward to meeting our fellow travelers. Not long now

Sue

MarionS
(Member)
'SueGH' wrote:

Hi

Sue

Hi Sue I am going on trip but from Gatwick, staying over the night before. Looking forward meeting everyone on my first JY trip. Marion

MarionS
(Member)
Hello Sue and Chrissy, I am on the Tuscany trip on 20 Sept, but staying the night before at Gatwick, looking forward to meeting everyone. First trip with JY and hoping for sunshine. Marion
vickyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
To all those Newbies going to Tuscany in September ... you will love it. I did my first Just You trip to Tuscany in July and all my worries were groundless. The tour rep is Jonathan who is really great, he immediately put everyone at ease and is very friendly. The group aged from 28 - 80 and we all got on really well. To top it all the family that ran the hotel were extremely welcoming and it couldn't have been a better experience for anyone taking those first steps to travel abroad alone. Oh, and the food, wine and sights were ok too !!

Relax, enjoy it and when you come back start planning the next one 🙂

SueGH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Elst' wrote:

Hi Sue

This will also be my first trip with JY, so will look forward to any feedback you may have on your return.

Freddie

SueGH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Elst' wrote:

Hi Sue

Freddie

Hi Freddie.

Got back from Tuscany yesterday, It was great, Jonathan our tour manager was very knowledgeable, helpful and I cant speak highly enough of his. Hopefully he will be on your tour.

I can see its your first trip abroad please try not to worry, it will be a great experience for you, the flight is a short one, just think of it a a 2 hour coach journey, only more pleasurable. Clothes? I would pack as if its early spring. Currency just think if a Euro as £1.00, so little difference these days. Bottle water in the supermarket cost about 1.20 euro for 6 x 500ml. In the bars 1.50. Drinks in the hotel were reasonable tea, coffee just 1.50, beer 2.50. cocktails 5 euro. Service in the hotel was first class the staff couldn't be more helpful and the food was excellent.

I did all the trips, Glad I did, six of us got a taxi on the free day, Some nice walks, and beach, sunday market, and a few shops, but some seem to be closing for the season. There is not much time in each place and queueing can be a problem, Jonathan told us the best places to visit and queuing times, Prices range from 3- 10 Euro.

You will have a great time, make new friends, and come back thinking 'why didn't I do it earlier.

Have a great holiday, Look forward to hearing all about it

Sue. 😃