StellaBrs
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello out there,

I'm booked for the trip from Manchester on Wednesday. My knees are knocking as it's my first trip alone. Just looking for some words of reassurance to get me through Manchester Terminal 1's doors and onto the 'plane. Aaargh.

shyanne
(Member)
Hi there, I am also going on this holiday on the 1st and flying from Manchester! I am just starting to get excited and trying to sort out the packing etc, although I cannot quite get round to doing the ironing! I still need to collect my holiday money, book the taxi, leave keys with neighbour to water plants, empty fridge, download some books onto my Kindle, charge my phone and camera, find the important paperwork, dig out my passport, decide what to wear for travelling etc etc. Will I ever be ready for Wednesday?

I have been on line to look at the weather forcast for all three places, looks like it will be very hot and with the possibility of some thunder storms so have no idea what clothes to pack - not really a 'posh frocks' type of person but I guess I will need to wear something half decent for dinner. I have also agonised about how much cash to take for each country, euros are not problem but do not want to be left with odd bits of currency from Prague and Budapest so have ordered just £50 of each for lunches, drinks, shopping and excursions in the hope that it will be enough.

Would you like to arrange to meet up at the airport once we get through security? It is a long time since I have flown from Manchester but I am sure we could find a suitable meeting place.