Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, is anybody going to the Austrian Lakes on 14th October. This is my first solo holiday, so slightly anxious lol Lynne S
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lynne

This is a really nice tour you will have fun I went few years ago so if you have any questions please ask..

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Doing this holiday in August it will be my 6th JY holiday. Think we all were a little anxious before our first trip but try not to worry once you meet your travel companions your nerves will son go.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Cindy,

Did you do the optional excurrsions, I've so far booked them all except the Lakeland tour, thinking of having a day off to explore myself. Does that sound like a good idea or will we have time to explore and do all the tours ?

Mick

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy, thanks for your quick reply, I'm definitely less anxious now. I would like to do a Sound Of Music Tour while I'm in Austria, is that a possibility? I haven't booked any of the optional excursions yet. Lynne
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Cant remember what the optional tours were to be honest. I know I went on a night boat trip we doubled up with a travelsphere group which was nice, for a night boat ride and disco.. I stayed un the top deck !!! I did go on the tour to chrest grumlov or sounds like that to see the old style Austria.

Lynne......... We did see one or two places to do with sound of music but no one did a Sound of Music Tour, have a look on the web and see what there about and maybe ask the editor or leave a message for the rep to answer re that question.

Mick...... this is not a frantic tour and there is free time. one of the day myself and some others did opt out and explored on our own buses are easy to get on and off which was nice to explore, I love churches and graveyards (strange woman I know !!) and there is a great one to visit on foot near by, if you like that sort of thing?..

I really did enjoy this tour as was a laid back trip which makes a change for me.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Cindy,

A laid back trip is good as I've got route 66 less than 2 months after my return which i expect to be hectic.

Probably will do all tours but will make final decision when i see the schedule from the tour manager.

Mick

cassiefun
(Member)
Hi,

I am also going in August and really looking forward to it. I have only booked one tour as there a few included and I want sometime to just relax and enjoy the area and maybe do as someone suggested and take a local bus somewhere,

Do you know how many people have booked ?

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cassie,

Assume its 12th August you are going (same as me), I booked the three tours package.

I asked numbers sometime ago (ask the editor) and the holiday was fully booked with 27 of us travelling.

Will look forward to meeting you.

Mick

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lynne,

I have been on this trip twice and it is a very good little tour. All the trips both optional and included are well worth doing.

There is an evening lake cruise which is included on your trip, Which is very pleasant. The trip to Salzburg is a very intersting City Particularly the old town., Where you will be given many references to The Sound Of Music. Espcially if you take part on the guided tour, And You will cetainly relate to some of the points to the movie, Such as The Mirabelle Gardens.

I will be going back to Austria in October but I am doing it independantly this time. I would certainly return on this trip. And it is a possibility for next year if it is In The Just You Brochures

Enjoy your trip

Andy

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Lynne,

I have been on this trip twice and it is a very good little tour. All the trips both optional and included are well worth doing.

There is an evening lake cruise which is included on your trip, Which is very pleasant. The trip to Salzburg is a very intersting City Particularly the old town., Where you will be given many references to The Sound Of Music. Espcially if you take part on the guided tour, And You will cetainly relate to some of the points to the movie, Such as The Mirabelle Gardens.

I will be going back to Austria in October but I am doing it independantly this time. I would certainly return on this trip. And it is a possibility for next year if it is In The Just You Brochures

Enjoy your trip

Andy

Can't believe it will soon be time for my first solo holiday, starting to get excited!!! I've booked all the tours, well I thought I might as well, don't fancy wandering around on my own. Hope you enjoy your independant trip too Andy, when are you going?? Haven't got a clue what type of clothes to pack, guess I'll just have to wing it!! Lynne 🙂

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

Hi Cassie,

Assume its 12th August you are going (same as me), I booked the three tours package.

I asked numbers sometime ago (ask the editor) and the holiday was fully booked with 27 of us travelling.

Mick

How did the trip go????? I'm going in October. Hope you all had a great time, this is my first solo trip so slightly nervous, but can't wait. Lynne

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lynne wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Hi Cassie,

Mick

How did the trip go????? I'm going in October. Hope you all had a great time, this is my first solo trip so slightly nervous, but can't wait. Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Really enjoyed the holiday and the scenary is stunning, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Did all the excurrsions and they were all good although the guided tour of Salzburg with local guide was far too long, best to get a map and explore yourself unless you have a interest in Austrian politics and history.

Have a great trip.

Mick

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

'Lynne wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Hi Cassie,

Mick

Hi Lynne,

Really enjoyed the holiday and the scenary is stunning, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Did all the excurrsions and they were all good although the guided tour of Salzburg with local guide was far too long, best to get a map and explore yourself unless you have a interest in Austrian politics and history.

Have a great trip.

Mick

Hi Mick. only 3 days to go now. I was wondering does the hotel have access to an iron or hairdryer??? I know strange question. Looking at my suitcase you'd think I was going for 2 weeks not 1. I really must sort through it. Glad you had a good time. I'm wishing I'd paid extra for a lakeside view but it's probably too late now. Lynne

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Lynne,

Enjoy your trip

Andy

Thankyou Andy, on 3 sleeps to go!!!! Looking forward to it although still a bit nervous. I'll let you know how it went. Lynne P.S hope you have a good time there as well when you go.

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Lynne,

Enjoy your trip

Andy

Andy.....I had the best time ever!!!!!!!!!! will certainly be booking with Just You again. and to think I was so scared.... Hope you had a good time too Lynne x