lil lisa
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Any suggestions please for first weekend away, for a single lady travelling alone..

I am 46 and thinks its time to meet new people and visit new places.

Be gentle please

astridR
(Member)
'lil wrote:

Any suggestions please for first weekend away, for a single lady travelling alone..

I am 46 and thinks its time to meet new people and visit new places.

Be gentle please

Try whichever destination you fancy for a discovery weekend, as the accommodation will be more than satisfactory. I have just returned from such a weekend in Peterborough (close to home just in case I wanted to flee in a nervous panic!), and this really helped ease me into the idea of being a single traveller. Gives a good insight, with everyone mixing really well, and with opportunities to go out on a day trip plus dinner and dancing on both nights. By the end of the weekend, you will know within yourself whether such a holiday is for you or not. Good luck!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa

I just took the plunge and booked a holiday to Jordan in September 2009. I had a great time and since then have been on 2 more Just You holidays to Andalucia and Costa de la Luz. There is no need to feel nervous or apprehensive at all. You are well looked after from start to finish. Everyone is in the same boat and get on well. You don't have to worry about anything as everything is taken care of. I would say, pick a destination and book it. You will have a great time and will meet new people.

Jaya

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Lisa

My first venture with JY was a discovery weekend to Leeds. A great time was had by all 46 of us. You will be well and truly looked after.

However, knowing what I know now, these weekends, to my way of thinking are getting a bit expensive, even more so, if you have to travel a fair distance.

I would say that it would be far better to pick a short european holiday as a 'tester' Whatever you choose, you will have a great time and ladies usually outnumber the men by 3 to 1.

Pick one that you like the look of and go for it. You will get the taste and come back for more.

Happy holidays

Peter